We love screenshots

stalintc

Nah...it's just you. :biggrin:

Dang...

Beat me to it. Challenger 2 - a box on top of a box - :bangin: <uyyykkk>

Which begs the question what is the best looking tank out there?

I always thought the Israeli Merkava (why isn't this one modeled in SB Pro PE) looked pretty darn good and the Swedish S Tank was so unique that it has to be right up there in the top 10.

Which begs the question what is the best looking tank out there?

Being an American born in 1978, to me nothing says "Badass Tank" more than the M1. That's what my G.I. Joes used to ride around in. ;)

tank-2.jpg

That being said, I do like the Leo 2A4 as well. Dunno why. Just looks like a killing machine. I think the Merkava looks cool, but a little too "Tron-like" for my taste.

Edited by SeanPatrick

Being an American born in 1978, to me nothing says "Badass Tank" more than the M1. That's what my G.I. Joes used to ride around in. ;)

That being said, I do like the Leo 2A4 as well. Dunno why. Just looks like a killing machine. I think the Merkava looks cool, but a little too "Tron-like" for my taste.

Leo 2A5 DK is without doubt my favorite, we used to say:

"If you see the back of a Leo, follow it - If you see the front of a Leo 2, RUN"

While I am sure I will love the game engine improvements, I could care less for the "futuristic" equipment and storyline of ArmA3. If I wanted to play out combat scenarios with fictional equipment, I would play the latest take on Ghost Recon. I still love the Cold War:1985 theme of the original OFP. The fact that Steel Beasts now includes a lot of the same hardware from that era has brought me much joy :)

Criticism aside, those screenshots from ArmA 3 are awesome :)

Those Arma shots remind me of the movie The Dirty Dozen.

At one point the dirty dozen are to be trained to be able to do a para drop. they go to the training center run by a colonel with a real hard on for Lee Marvin's character (commander of the dozen). He wants to make trouble.

Anyway they go in incognito and the rumor is spread that one of them is a General. Well the airborne Colonel can't resist putting his troops on display for a general. The colonel orders the Major commanding the dirty dozen to produce the general - he does - a real goofball.

The goofball walks up and down the ranks and does a reasonable though comical inspection of the pretty boy troops. When finished the Colonel, beaming, asks the phony general what he thought of the troops.

The reply: "They're real pretty. BUT! Can they fight?"

• Moderators
Russia 2012 in ARMA 3.

Nice, but can you please put ARMA screen shots in a new thread in Ground Zero, and not post them in the thread about SB screen shots? What do you think would happen if you went to Bohemia forums and posted SB screen shots in their treads (besides laughed out of the forum)?

Well I didn't keep the AAR but I think Hedge reported during the game that this vehicle had been immobilised.

Don't know if it was as a result of just this or some other hit though.

From What I can tell the round hit the trees to the front of 12A.

12A was immobilised and 10-20m approx behind shell burst (can just see it in one of the screen shots) suffered both tracks & TC damaged.

12 the one in the pictures was 100m (Wide-ish spacing, i moved it forwards a little) adjacent to the shell burst suffered a hit with no damage (the one in the posts)

(I have the AAR, will email/post when I find a minute (Prob Thurs earliest))

Guest Killjoy
2003 - 7th Armoured Brigade Entering Basra:

4-19.jpg

2-40.jpg

1-51.jpg

3-33.jpg

"Bad boys, Bad boys, What cha gonna do? What cha gonna do when we come for you?"

:gun: