We love screenshots

stalintc

Amazing screenshot. Where is the mission located?

It's under the Scenario's Sub-area on the forum.

Sabot headache pill...

a9uCNPu.jpg

...from 3/4 of a mile away.

K3zsnCD.jpg

Edited by Killjoy

My Scimitar destroys a Soviet CRP comprising three PT-76, a BTR-80 and BRDM-2RKhb. I'm just a little in love with the sneaky Scimitar :smilelove-1:

Nice work Panzer_ leader.

And all done with steam gunnery.

I took out my first scimitar with a BTR in last nights SVU mission.

I was lucky it stayed still long enough for me to get of a burst to its side Armour.

Scimitar_Gunsight.png

My Scimitar destroys a Soviet CRP comprising three PT-76, a BTR-80 and BRDM-2RKhb. I'm just a little in love with the sneaky Scimitar :smilelove-1:

We've had trouble Penetrating the BTRs, even though they're proofed against small arms.

We had to fire through open ports or windows to even damage them.

• Moderators
We've had trouble Penetrating the BTRs, even though they're proofed against small arms.

We had to fire through open ports or windows to even damage them.

Are you referring to BTR-50 or BTR-80? I can only assume you are talking about the BTR-80 lower front hull (bow) area. This area is actually quite thick -- our source data (Jane's) says the BTR-80's front hull is proof against 12.7mm out to 100m, so the hull looks fine -- it is the SIDE hull that is only 7.62 proof according to them.

Make sure you aren't using the MP-T ammunition, because that won't be very effective at all. Anyway, I just fired two Scimitar KE rounds through the front bow of the BTR-80 and killed it at 1000 meters -- the hard part was hitting it a second time after the gun jumped. ;)

Edited by Volcano
corrected "front" and "side" data, I read the data wrong the first time

Are you referring to BTR-50 or BTR-80? I can only assume you are talking about the BTR-80 lower front hull (bow) area. This area is actually quite thick -- our source data (Jane's) says the BTR-80's front hull is proof against 12.7mm out to 100m, so the hull looks fine -- it is the SIDE hull that is only 7.62 proof according to them.

Make sure you aren't using the MP-T ammunition, because that won't be very effective at all. Anyway, I just fired two Scimitar KE rounds through the front bow of the BTR-80 and killed it at 1000 meters -- the hard part was hitting it a second time after the gun jumped. ;)

I think that was the problem.

Dark was explaining this evening.

Moar screenies!

8Aju9f8.jpg?1?4868

QY6up0x.jpg?1?5542

qJGOPRQ.jpg?1?5559