We love screenshots

stalintc

• 2 weeks later...

That is a modification by me of the Jalibah Airfield map modification by AS. If I like the results I'll stick it in the downloads area it will be in a couple months. Basically its another town added to the NW of the airfield, south of the canals. There might also be changes to Suq al-Shuyukh itself if I feel like it/it doesn't lead to a performance hit.

That is a modification by me of the Jalibah Airfield map modification by AS. If I like the results I'll stick it in the downloads area it will be in a couple months. Basically its another town added to the NW of the airfield, south of the canals. There might also be changes to Suq al-Shuyukh itself if I feel like it/it doesn't lead to a performance hit.

I'd be very keen to learn how you made those bridges to overpasses! Are units able to cross under it?

I'd be very keen to learn how you made those bridges to overpasses! Are units able to cross under it?

Vehicles cross under or over them.

To do you have two options

1. Find a point where there are two points of greater elevation than the underpass near each other (only a few meters may be needed dependent on the length of the span)

2. Use a long span.

You probably will need to mess with the positioning of the road or the bridge to get the pillars to not find themselves in the road itself. With that screenshot I used the 2 lane concrete bridge. The only downside that I have found is that if a tank or other vehicle falls off the span it doesn't get damaged. Such is the nature of unintended uses. :-D

• 2 weeks later...
The world is flat and here's the edge of it:

attachment.php?attachmentid=12861&stc=1&d=1394180596

This happened while zooming around one of the Finland maps. Haven't been able to reproduce it so I haven't reported it.

From memory this is when some of the underlying data for the map is missing so the ground plummets away.

If you have a grid reference they can sometimes "patch it" for you using surrounding values to smooth it over.

• Moderators

This happened while zooming around one of the Finland maps. Haven't been able to reproduce it so I haven't reported it.

The Map Editor only loads so much of the map in the memory in 3D world view, so that the 3D world load time is faster. Once you get out side that area it loaded then you will see strange issues, and the further you get away from the area then the more drastic ( like that). Just go back to the map view then reload the 3D world and it should go away. Of course those issues should only be visual artifacts. ;)

The Map Editor only loads so much of the map in the memory in 3D world view, so that the 3D world load time is faster. Once you get out side that area it loaded then you will see strange issues...

Yessir, I'm just used to seeing objects seizing to be drawn in the 3D world when I cross that threshold. This cliff totally caught me off guard and looked pretty neat in a weird way. I did notice this particular map was very taxing on my hardware right off the bat. Check out my fps.