Tord Hoppe

Recommended loadout for a newb?

I hope this is an acceptable section to ask. Having just made the purchase after trying out the demo I was wondering if there are any recommended mods/maps/missions etc. that I should install without delay? I´m going to focus on learning the Leo2/strv122 and have seen a sound mod that should fit? I´ve also installed the Camp Hornfelt missions.

Hi Tord, still in demo myself waiting for my full copy

I'm really enjoying the Camp Hornfelt missions they play really nicely and explain some. essential concepts.

I also recommend the byto_ series found in the main folder and platoon recon for some small scale operations.

Other than that get involved with some online games, you learn a great deal even if you just observe others playing the sim.

I think the cruder tanks are actually a great starting point for learning the strengths of SB. TIS equipped muscle monsters are great fun (and who doesn't love the gunnery?) But until I played missions in the Leo 1AS and T-72 I didn't appreciate how much fun the sim is with your head outside the TC's hatch, largely because you're forced to look-look-look. It is amazing what the AI misses.

If the anti-frustration kit is still available, have a read. It's so helpful.