Stick recommendation

Magnum50

Glad you found what you were looking for. Looks like a very comprehensive, programmable device. Strange that more manufacturers don't make ambidextrous sticks; can't add that much to the price and almost guarantees sales from left handed customers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a look at it on the internet and there's no mention of being able to swap the hand rest around so the bigger bit is on the left. Is that a slight drawback, or does it do that too?

Yes, you can rotate the hand rest and swap over the thumb rest (from left to right).

Those two changes and the switch underneath take about 30 sec to swap from one to the other.

The documentation also shows pictures for both configurations.

• 1 month later...

Took the laptop in (Windows 7 Home), set it up for "left handed" (10 secs work), plugged it into the USB port and played an instant action scenario.

Worked flawlessly. :o

No need for drivers, special software installation, etc.

So I'm now the proud and happy owner of a T.16000m.

Brought it home and connected to the desktop (Windows 7 Pro 64Bit) and again no issue (not even the one Ssnake mentioned) and have almost half my desk back!!!

It has a robust base (although no suction caps like the Saitek so it can possibly move around - but I guess blutack or similar would "fix" this if required). Need to spend a bit of time working out what the buttons are mapped to do. ...

Thanks for the recommendation Mark... :)

I'm not left handed, but I have had Thrustmaster products over the years for various flight simes and they always seemed to be the best....

Now that I've got my "fast" high end MacBook Pro running Windows 7 under BootCamp, I think I'll go shopping this weekend and see if I can find a T.16000m here in Canada, for trials with SB as well as perhaps I might take another shot at on-line flight sims again .... :)

Regards,

Doug

I now have a brand new T.16000m sitting on my desk in box, staring at SB Pro under Windows 7.

What do I do with it? :biggrin:

Is there a pre-made control file for this particular stick I can install under SB to have the basic controls pre-mapped for use with SB?

Thanks for any help... :)

Regards,

Doug

Is there a pre-made control file for this particular stick I can install under SB to have the basic controls pre-mapped for use with SB?

Not that I know of.

If you want to stick with the default I suggest you go for a drive and just see what each button does (and write them down).

Then if you want to changes things, go to the "controls" menu and re-assign keys to suit your needs.

Once happy I suggest you export it, in case the settings become corrupted (in which case just "import" rather than start over).

Not that I know of.

If you want to stick with the default I suggest you go for a drive and just see what each button does (and write them down).

Then if you want to changes things, go to the "controls" menu and re-assign keys to suit your needs.

Once happy I suggest you export it, in case the settings become corrupted (in which case just "import" rather than start over).

Thanks... :)

I'll start playing with it and see what everything does... there's a freakin lot of buttons on it... :D

I just thought someone else here might have created an SB default file....

Regards,

Doug

• 10 months later...