BG ANZAC - 29 NOV 12 AAR

Gibsonm

After last week's nail biting "hold until relieved" delay scenario, this time we had the initiative and conducted an advance to contact with an Australian Recce Sqn (with a Mech Pl attached) moving forward into "no man's land" (recently vacated by the OPFOR) to check on bridges and clear the way for a follow on CT and behind that the rest of a BG.

The Recce Tp came across stay behind parties, security positions and just plain old stragglers through the course of the mission.

The best feedback: "Wow, I didn't think we had been playing for two and a half hours!".

I need to just check on the call sign template but the AAR is here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19518131/BG%20ANZAC%20SQN%20Rec_112912HERON-PC2221.aar

There is scope for the next scenario in the series next week (the CT punches through the gap cleared by the Recce guys) but this will need more than three of four people to turn up to be workable.

Edited by Gibsonm

Is it possible that you can upload the scenario or send it to me? would love to do some recce mission :)

Sir,

I'd also like to get a crack at the scenario too. Any chance I could be sent the scenario (and the delay scenario mentioned)? I'm in the process of developing U.S. armored cavalry troop scenarios, and would like some inspiration. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Mate,

The delay one isn't mine to give (talk to Panzer Leader about that one). It is however a delay conducted by a CT delay not a recce unit (which in my army can't really impose delay).

Our recce forces do not use your "Recon through superior firepower" approach so suspect it may not provide a good basis for ACR type scenarios.

Look for a PM though.

Mate,

The delay one isn't mine to give (talk to Panzer Leader about that one). It is however a delay conducted by a CT delay not a recce unit (which in my army can't really impose delay).

Our recce forces do not use your "Recon through superior firepower" approach so suspect it may not provide a good basis for ACR type scenarios.

Look for a PM though.

Yes sir,

Understood, and acknowledged. Much obliged :) An armored cavalry troop delay would likely look like a company team (or combat team) delay, I would imagine. Anyway, if you're out there Panzer Leader, I believe you know how to reach me.

Anyway, if you're out there Panzer Leader, I believe you know how to reach me.

Hi scowlmovement

The good news is that my scenario 'Heavy CT Delay v Tank Battalion FD v2.0' is available from the Downloads section at: http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/268/p13_fileid/2282

This contains two scenario files: one with a Soviet-era tank battalion of 31 T-72M1s and a second with a contemporary Russian tank battalion of 41 T-80Us which is obviously tougher. Using a full cavalry troop may unbalance the scenario in favour of BLUE (the number of M1s is about the same but 12+ M3 CFVs will pack a lot more punch than the default ASLAVs and M113AS4s).

Anyway, have a play around with it. I'm sure replacing the Australian CT with a US cavalry troop (-) will be fun.

Cheers