Nordic Battlegroup COOP

Zipuli

NBG Part I now uploaded.

Nordic Battlegroup is a series of multiplayer scenarios designed for COOP. The action takes place in Finland, east of Kouvola, where the NBG is counterattacking to stop an enemy mechanized attack.

Mission 1 was played by 30 players december 1st 2012, and we managed to pull of a major victory with low casualties. The scenario features a hectic and maybe even confusing attack through the town of Valkeala by the NBG Finnish and Swedish mech companies, supported by the Danes. The enemy is laying in wait, trying to ambush and stop the northmen from reaching Highway 15, which the enemy uses as their main supply route and attack route. Expect close quarter engagements and a cunning red plan by Kingtiger.

The missions are based on a a highly detailed map of the real location, featuring a DTED3 resolution height data and 1:1 terrain data! Hakkaa päälle!

NBG-1.jpg.13409259364523a98f1fe81df244ac

NBG-1.jpg.13409259364523a98f1fe81df244ac

Not that I'm aware of.

I suspect it a bit much to have him build the map, build the scenario, organise the playing of it, command one of the Companies and also be jumping around from vehicle to vehicle with FRAPS running.

If you want a video, the easiest option is come along and be the combat cameraman. :)

Just look for the infantryman going:

"Ohh look at that!" Click!

Bang!...Splat!

"Uuurgh!"

"Sarge! Looks like we need another camerman!"

:biggrin:

Or: 'Fantastic, but could you do that climbing out of the turret with your clothes on fire again - I missed it the first time. And could you scream a bit louder - there's an awful lot of background noise? Any chance they could tone it down a bit?

Or, as a BBC camera man said to me while filming a documentary about the North Sea oil rigs, 'Any chance you could really bash it down onto the deck to make it look like you are struggling to stay in control in this strong wind?

Sorry to hear you have no cameraman. I always love going up on youtube and watching your "Brave Rifles" videos from time to time. They are really works of art and show off how good this sim is when you have superb teamwork like you guys show in that video.

Personally, I wouldn't mind being your cameraman and capturing video for you but I believe the times you meet do not really work for me as I recall.

Obviously we have people who like editing and producing these videos - and are very good at it. But it's unreasonable (IMHO) to expect them also to record them. But if everyone who could do so recorded their experiences with FRAPS and emailed the file to the Editor, that might work. Unfortunately, video editing is one of the few life skills I don't have. :)

Which I guess just underlines Tjay's level of knowledge on the subject, therefore validating his later comment:

Oh yus. I am always happy to acknowledge my ignorance of things. I find it's a good starting point for the learning process.

E.g. I now know that a FRAPS file of a two hour SB session would probably be too big to email. :)

So are you volunteering to be the Editor?

For this to work someone has to put their hand up to do it.

And no Tjay, I'm not. :)

Not when I've already written: 'Unfortunately, video editing is one of the few life skills I don't have'. Actually, this statement is untrue. Video editing is one of the MANY life skills I don't have. :(

Tjay,

What I meant was just because I raised it, doesn't mean I'm volunterring to do it.

That is to pre-empt a response similar to that which Hedge received when he suggested it might be a good idea for UK Armour to have a social and visit the CR2. :)

Also as I actually quoted "enigma6584" the question was directed at him.

Not when I've already written: 'Unfortunately, video editing is one of the few life skills I don't have'. Actually, this statement is untrue. Video editing is one of the MANY life skills I don't have. :(

Learn by doing! :)

I'm sure Zip will be happy to give some pointers, his videos are pretty good.