Dec 29th multiplayer COOP mission

Zipuli

Hello!

Nordic Battlegroup's push continues on the above date, saturday 1900 GMT (20 in central europe/sweden, 21 in Finland).

The mission is a sequel to the first one, though "new" in a way that there's no need to be veteran of the 1st mission to jump in! Duke (911) will again assume command, and the roster is to be filled later. No need to sit on exact same seat as in 1st mission... And there'll be also new units to crew as more NBG units have arrived in the area and the finnish coy and swedish coy are not in full strenght anymore.

Combat area:

https://maps.google.fi/maps?hl=fi&ll=60.922758,26.897278&spn=0.134315,0.528374&t=h&z=12

On this image you see the situation after NBG Part I:

nbg2.jpg

After NBG cleared Valkeala, a Finnish light infantry BG and an ATGM company pushed through and deployed SW of Valkeala, to block the enemy counterattacks. The rivers and difficult terrain there allow the units to hold the enemy at bay for now at least. During this move NBG has been resupplying and preparing to continue... The enemy forces around Kouvola were directed to counter the threat at Valkeala, but they are now bogged in fighting the defending infantry.

As enemy presence in Kouvola is still strong and the primary attack route east, Highway 6, is still open for the enemy to use, the high command has ordered NBG to go around the stronger opposition and continue the attack to Utti. If Highway 6 is cut, it's believed that the enemy attack east will stall to a halt and can be contained by other friendly forces. The terrain for NBG attack is not easy, with a bottleneck to go through and riverline to cross, but it's not easy for the enemy either.

Currently enemy forces at Utti region are mostly from supporting arms. The attacking brigade there didn't cover its left flank with strong forces because of the attacking unit moving along Highway 15. Now that the flank is threatened, small units are pushed to block any attacks, but if we are quick, the enemy will not be able to grow strong enough to stop us! Defeating the supporting units in the area of Utti will have a paralyzing effect in the enemy attack opeartion, and an upper hand can be gained by the blue forces!

The weather is clearing and temperature is falling...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he saving money by buying all the stuff for the function during the Boxing Day sales? :)

No, it's because he's an idiot and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery,

(not surprising as he only drinks red wine) and can't get his act together early enough to book a decent date.

At leasts it's getting a bit better, last years xmas meal was this year on 14th of Jan, and this year we're not going to the same chinese that's been ripping us off for the last six years.

No, it's because he's an idiot and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery,

(not surprising as he only drinks red wine) and can't get his act together early enough to book a decent date.

At leasts it's getting a bit better, last years xmas meal was this year on 14th of Jan, and this year we're not going to the same chinese that's been ripping us off for the last six years.

Feels better doesn't it? :biggrin:

(I know the feeling)

The 3 Regimiento Tizona would be there. :biggrin:

We really enjoyed the event.

However this time it will be wise that I do not take the SWE CO since that day I will be on "Standby" duty and although most likely I will be able to attend the event, it could also happen that I got a call and have to leave, so it will be safer that someone else takes that slot.

We will be around 6 to 7 guys from the 3 Regimiento Tizona and we will be happy to multicrew one tank platoon if possible.