Dec 29th multiplayer COOP mission

Zipuli

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NORDIC BATTLEGROUP Part II - Utti Airfield

The NBG continues the attack from Valkeala to Utti to take the Utti airfield and cut enemy MSR Highway 6.

1.situation

a)Enemy:

The enemy attack along Highway 15 has been stalled as the road was cut by NBG. Enemy counterattacks to retake Valkeala have been repelled by friendly units that were moved in through NBG after Valkeala was taken. The areas south and west of Valkeala are under strong enemy control.

The enemy attack along Highway 6 has continued. The enemy brigade main body has passed the area of Utti this morning. In the Utti region our drone recon and radio intel indicate the enemy has at least a rear command post (for the brigade?), CSS units and artillery battalion. The enemy has also a reserve force of a tank company west of Utti. Some fighting units have been pulled north of Highway 6 to guard the left flank - the intel guys think it's a mixed company with AT weapons, probably no tanks. They have probably engineer support to create barriers. The enemy air activity has been minimal due to losses during the last few days, but they have used Hinds to support the attack along Highway 6.

b)Own:

Jaeger Battalion 101 with Indep. ATGM Coy 313 have stopped the enemy counterattacks to retake Valkeala.

NBG is resupplied and ready to continue the attack.

c)roaster:

Attachments

NOR coy:

HQ recon plt till line 2

D plt from DK coy

1 Leo1 with mine plow from DAN coy till ZZ2

1 M113G3/Eng from DAN coy till ZZ2

1 M113G3/Eng + MICLIC from DAN coy till ZZ2

1 Biber from DAN coy till Z2

SWE coy:

1 Biber from DAN coy till ZZ2

2.Mission

NBG must attack to Utti, defeat the enemy forces in the area of the Airfield and take and hold the Airfield, cutting MSR Highway 6. NBG must prepare to continue the attack

1) south towards Sippola,

2) west towards Kouvola

Endstate:

Utti airfield is under NBG control. Highway 6 is cut. NBG has suffered less than 25% casualties.

3.Execution

My intention is to attack in column formation, with one lead coy in front (point of main effort) till ZZ2.

After taking ZZ2 to attack middle and west of OBJ (point of main effort) with to coys side by side and to attack east of OBJ to cut MSR HW 6 with one coy.

SS_22_28_35.jpg

SS_22_28_44.jpg

Coy orders:

NOR coy:

Reinforced with engineer and support elements attacks immediately over LOD along HW 15 to line 2.

If there are obstacles, try to breach or recon a bypass.

Attack over line 3 and take ZZ1.

Is it not possible to pass the area between line 3 and ZZ1, than fall back to TOIKKALA and use AR1 (alternate route1) and take ZZ1.

Attack as quick as possible to ZZ2, take ZZ2 and establish a bridgehead.

If it`s not possible fall back to KIPPARILA and wait for new orders.

Attack on my order to eastern part of OBJ and cut off MSR HW 6.

Prepare a hasty defense of the eastern part of OBJ (point of main effort MSR HW6).

SWE coy:

Move over LOD x+ 20, follow MSR HW 15 to line 2 and to ZZ1 and ZZ2.

Prepare to attack left or right of NOR coy.

On my order send one plt (tank or IFV) and the biber as quick as possible to NOR coy.

On my order use AR1 and take ZZ1, follow NOR coy or take ZZ2 and establish a bridgehead.

If the bridgehead established by NOR coy move through ZZ 2 along the main road to SOUTH WEST and take a hidden position on line 6 and prepare the main attack to OBJ.

On my order use AR2, take ZZ 2.1 and take a hidden position in line 5 NORTH EAST of Haimila.

On my order attack from ZZ 2 the middle of OBJ and take the tower and the barracks of the Utti Jäger Regiment.

During the attack, adapt to support FIN coy and with tanks NOR coy.

After taking OBJ prepare a hasty defense in the NORTH WESTERN Part of UTTI to SOUTH EAST.

FIN coy:

Move behind DAN coy distance 500.

Please, no surprises in my back.

Prepare to reinforce SWE or NOR coy.

Prepare to attack left or right of SWE or NOR coy.

Adapt to us AR 1.

Adapt to use AR 2 and take a hidden position in the SOUTH West of Haimila.

If we toke ZZ 2 than move to the NORTH WEST of WATERWORKS and take a hidden position and prepare for Attack to OBJ.

On my order Attack OBJ right of the SWE coy.

Take RANTA- UTTI, ABC Fuel Station, OLD RUSSIA STARFORT RUINS.

Prepare a hasty defense to the WEST (point of main effort MSR HW 6).

Adapt to support SWE coy.

DAN coy:

Follow SWE coy distance 500.

Adapt to support with engineer or support vehicles all the time.

Prepare to establish a SA in ZZ2.

Adapt to send 1 HEMMT to supply NOR coy.

On my order establish SA in Obj.

Adapt to support all units with Leo `s and M113.

BG FO:

Follow BG Cdr

Hold 3 tubes in reserve

Recording enemy artillery strikes and send these informations to BG

Priority fire missions:

1.bml 1

2.smoke 1

3.bml2

4.HE1

5.HE2

SS_22_29_11.jpg

4.support, attachments, detachments

a)artillery:

18 tubes (HE, bomblet, smoke)

all fire requests to BG FO

b)supply:

100%

ARV, Medic and Ammo requests to CO DK

c)combat support:

mine plow or MICLIC request to CO DK

d) attachments, detachments:

look to coy orders

5.leading elements

Callsigns:

Cdr NBG: SNOWFLÄKCHEN

CO NOR: HÄGAR

CO FI: WALRUS

CO SWE: MOOSE

CO DK: PACKHORSE

FO: GOBLIN

Radio silence till enemy contact,

Command chain:

1. Cdr NBG> Duke

2. CO SWE > Gibsonm

3. CO FI > Zipuli

4. CO NOR>Falli

4. CO DK> Kingtiger

radio wisper list:

BG channel: Cdr NBG, CO`s, XO (SWE), 2nd in command FIN Coy, NOR coy and FO

CO´s set up her own company radio.

I will follow SWE coy first..

Questions?

It´s now ….

Good luck!

For all:

We use the teamspeak of PzBtl911(v):

We use our TS for this battle: TS3 Server IP: 83.169.4.123 (PW: kettenpolster)

If you need hamachi, contact to Zipuli.

I try to be in TS 30min earlier.

best regards

Duke

SWE Questions:

1. Confirm you want me to cross the LOD 20 minutes after the the last NOR element?

2. Effectively we hold at ZZ 1 until you determine which "On Order" (via ZZ 2 or ZZ 2.1) task you want us to execute?

To SWE Coy:

Likely OoM:

B plt (3x Strv 122) = Regimentos (Be prepared to spt NOR Coy with Biber)

C plt (3x CV9040C) (Be prepared to spt NOR Coy with Biber)

1 x Biber

CO SE (Strv 122)

XO SE (CV9040C, FO team)

A plt (2x Strv 122) = 12Alfa, Tacbat

D plt (2x CV9040C)

Fire Support Questions:

1) How is our arty divvied up?

"Standard" 3 x 6 tube batteries?

or a "Special" Arrangement?

If standard I can only shoot three targets at a time, or two targets if holding tubes in reserve. (SB uses Batteries as smallest unit)

(If I had 18 batteries of 1 tube each then I could be as accommodating as i can :) )

2) Where is the BG Cmdr in the order of march?

(Because if your on point, we have a disagreement already) :biggrin:

Fire Support Questions:

1) How is our arty divvied up?

"Standard" 3 x 6 tube batteries?

or a "Special" Arrangement?

Three Batteries, each of six tubes.

2) Where is the BG Cmdr in the order of march?

(Because if your on point, we have a disagreement already) :biggrin:

I'm guessing behind me (based on):

1. Graphically (refer the big black arrow):

SS_22_28_35.jpg

2. Text:

I will follow SWE coy first.

Duke

Edited by Gibsonm

Servus,

SWE Questions:

1. Confirm you want me to cross the LOD 20 minutes after the the last NOR element?

2. Effectively we hold at ZZ 1 until you determine which "On Order" (via ZZ 2 or ZZ 2.1) task you want us to execute?

to 1. yes, we give the NOR coy time for recon and clearing the our main attack route.

to 2.

the normal plan is to march from ZZ1 to ZZ2 and ObJ.

If this works than move again from ZZ1 to ZZ2 behind NOR coy.

If you have to attack ZZ1 over AZ3, you are the new leading coy and attack after taking ZZ1 to ZZ2 and establish the bridgehead for us.

I hope the bridges are open and we don`t have to breach minefields, but I know Katie, and I´m sure he will have some surprises for us.:biggrin:

ZZ means in german "Zwischenziel" in english "Intermediate objective"

AZ means in german "Aufklärungsziel" in english " reconnaissance area"

best regards

Duke

Servus,

to 1. yes, we give the NOR coy time for recon and clearing the our main attack route.

to 2.

the normal plan is to march from ZZ1 to ZZ2 and ObJ.

If this works than move again from ZZ1 to ZZ2 behind NOR coy.

If you have to attack ZZ1 over AZ3, you are the new leading coy and attack after taking ZZ1 to ZZ2 and establish the bridgehead for us.

Duke

But that makes some of these tasks mutually exclusive:

1. On my order use AR1 and take ZZ1, follow NOR coy or take ZZ2 and establish a bridgehead.

2. If the bridgehead established by NOR coy move through ZZ 2 along the main road to SOUTH WEST and take a hidden position on line 6 and prepare the main attack to OBJ.

3. On my order use AR2, take ZZ 2.1 and take a hidden position in line 5 NORTH EAST of Haimila.

4. On my order attack from ZZ 2 the middle of OBJ and take the tower and the barracks of the Utti Jäger Regiment.

So I can do 1, then 2, then 4.

But if I do 1, and then 3, I'm way off on our Eastern flank and getting back to do 2 and 4 will impose a delay?

Duke:

1. I have done some Field recce on the possible bridging locations and unfortunly AZ3 is a no-go.

I cant bridge it with the resources available to me, I have tried with 2 bibers after eachother but no luck.

2. If I put up a SA at ZZ2 there is a big chance that SWE and FIN Coy wont have any chance to bomb up. My suggestion is that I split my Ammo trucks and creates a secondary SA for SWE/FIN Coy at HAMILA so I can support all Coys with ammo at any time.

/KT

Should have read "Be prepared to..." in the orders to show its a "you might have to do this" and not a "you gonna do this".

No, I know and understand "On Order".

I just want to ensure if I'm committed to one task "on order" that people are aware that it makes achieving some other task "on order" very difficult.

That is these tasks become this OR that, not this AND that. :)

Having said that, I understand the intent and am comfortable with Auftragstaktik.

Duke:

1. I have done some Field recce on the possible bridging locations and unfortunly AZ3 is a no-go.

I cant bridge it with the resources available to me, I have tried with 2 bibers after eachother but no luck.

2. If I put up a SA at ZZ2 there is a big chance that SWE and FIN Coy wont have any chance to bomb up. My suggestion is that I split my Ammo trucks and creates a secondary SA for SWE/FIN Coy at HAMILA so I can support all Coys with ammo at any time.

/KT

Can we establish a secondary SA at ZZ1 so the forces involved in that can replenish after clearing there?

After all the Swe Coy may not even go to HAMILA (esp. if I'm meant to be the left flank of the assault, on the Eastern side).

Duke:

/KT

In a similar vein, I sent a couple of my guys out to swim the RAPOJARVI to check the crossing at ZZ 22.1 (just in case I went that way).

They tell me it might carry CV90s but very much doubt it will take the weight of my tanks. :(

Anyway will be on the command net NLT 0530 local (seven hours time) for any FRAGOs.