Last day to buy Twinkies!!

Volcano

• Moderators

I have intel from an inside source that today (and possibly last night, but possibly tomorrow, depending on where you live) is the last and final day for shipments from Hostess factory. If you are looking for a box of Twinkies, don't pay $200,000 for a box of 10 Twinkies on eBay, go down to the store and get it quickly!

R.I.P. Twinkie-the-Kid.

twinkie_the_kid.jpg

• Moderators
I think they are so laden with preservatives that you could open one in a thousand years and they'd still taste "fresh".

Basically a long narrow sweet bun (similar in shape to a hot dog bun) pumped full of cream.

Think elongated cream doughnut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hostess_twinkies_tweaked.jpg

Yep, that's it. I think it is the only food that doesn't have a shelf life. And very healthy too! :sonic:

If anyone finds one, let me know and mail one to me while you are at it. ;)

Guest Killjoy
I'm writing my congressmen. We need a Twinkie bailout!

Or we could just eat these instead:

cloudcake.jpg

This is going to turn into a Pepsi/Coke debate isn't it..

• Moderators
OK, hmm. So if you eat both a Cloud Cake and Twinkie side by side, can you tell the difference?

OK, Sean Patrick. I went out and bought me a box of Cloud Cakes today. Eating it now for the first time. Hmm. It looks like a Twinkie. Smells like a Twinkie. Tastes like one too (maybe a tiny difference). WOW. Mmmm Mmm. Tasty.

Awesome. That is all I can say. I might not have Twinkies anymore, but I have something like them. Life is not so bad again. Thanks! :smilelove-1:

I think it is the only food that doesn't have a shelf life.

Honey will not spoil. They have found jars of it in Egyptian tombs.

I was at the store today and saw that many of the other Hostess products already have been replaced with doppelgangers too - Sno-balls, Ding Dongs, etc.

Yes, now I can work again, all fueled up. :biggrin:

I'm wondering, V-man....

Do you have motor pool drivers and HEMTTs on a retainer who go to the Hostess (or whatever it is now) Warehouse once a month with a jobsheet labelled: "Sgt Williams' monthly sugar stash" ?? :biggrin:

And more importantly, do they get a cut?

(Ala Sgt Bilko)

Thanks!

You're welcome. Now I know all of the years I've spent working retail has paid off! :debile2: God, I hate my job...

Well they probably have decades of warehoused back production queued up.

Stick a different label on it and sell it off.

Too right, mate! Jack up the price, then put it on "SALE!"

Honey will not spoil. They have found jars of it in Egyptian tombs.

True. But, oddly enough, the bottled water we sell has an expiration date. Go figure. There are two possible explanations. The official one:

There are two main types of sterilization that all food and drink manufacturers use. The first is the use of peracetic acid that gives an instant kill to most pathogens (bugs that make you ill). The second is the use of steam. Holding a steam temperature of above 120 degrees in the product line for 15 minutes will kill virtually all pathogens. However, some bacteria form spores which are virtually indestructible and can last for millions of years. The only way to make totally sterile drinks would be to irradiate them, which wouldn't make them radioactive, but would make them cost a great deal of money to produce. Thus, the manufacturer cannot guarantee that their product is free of pathogens and gives it a 'use by' to minimize their liability. Packaging deterioration is the other reason for the "Best By" Date.¹

And this one:

So that if you don't drink the water by that date you have to go out and buy a new bottle, thus creating more profit for the company which sold you the water.¹

I'll leave it to the dear reader to decide. :sonic:

¹Source:[noparse]http://wiki.answers.com[/noparse]

True. But, oddly enough, the bottled water we sell has an expiration date. Go figure. There are two possible explanations. The official one:
There are two main types of sterilization that all food and drink manufacturers use. The first is the use of peracetic acid that gives an instant kill to most pathogens (bugs that make you ill). The second is the use of steam. Holding a steam temperature of above 120 degrees in the product line for 15 minutes will kill virtually all pathogens. However, some bacteria form spores which are virtually indestructible and can last for millions of years. The only way to make totally sterile drinks would be to irradiate them, which wouldn't make them radioactive, but would make them cost a great deal of money to produce. Thus, the manufacturer cannot guarantee that their product is free of pathogens and gives it a 'use by' to minimize their liability. Packaging deterioration is the other reason for the "Best By" Date.¹

¹Source:[noparse]http://wiki.answers.com[/noparse]

So a PWR Nuclear Reactor's cooling water passed thorugh a Membrane Bioreactor (Dust = Radioactive) would be 'completely' dead? and last for millions of years?

:biggrin:

That's because you live in Sussex. I am reliably informed they are a staple breakfast food (fried, of course) in Glasgow :)

Bleurgh *Shudders*

The only things that are acceptable in a fried condition are:

Fish.

Chips.

Sausages.

Eggs.

& Chinese. (Foodstuffs, you numpty, what do you think I am? Racist or something? :) )

Guest Killjoy
Bleurgh *Shudders*

The only things that are acceptable in a fried condition are:

Fish.

Chips.

Sausages.

Eggs.

& Chinese. (Foodstuffs, you numpty, what do you think I am? Racist or something? :) )

You forgot Mars Bar.

It's rather nice, but don't expect it to help your health any! :)