SB Generals - Closing shop & Hard reset

daskal

As the last remaining active member of the Virtual Unit called 'SB Generals' I officially declare the former Unit being disbanded and discontinued. Our former website has already been down since a couple of months and it is going to remain closed.

Simultaniously I also announce the kick off of a brand new VU - but currently carrying over the name of SB-Generals, but leaving the past completely behind, and starting from a blank paper. The VU name will be changed/decided later.

The new VU's forum page is available here:

http://sbgenerals.c-l-f.org/forum.php

currently using sbgenerals name but that is going to be changed. If you are interested, register or just check the forums for info later.

In terms of what the plans are for the new VU? Well, main initiatives I can think of:

- Act as platform for setting up games rather than to divide community

- At least 1 regular game per week

- Games open to all

- Coop or H2H - predominantly coop

- Hardcore or Casual gaming? Borderline - Casual/Lite preferably but trying to learn and use real doctrins but trying to keep the fun factor of the sim.

- Current number of members: 1 - myself :)

Sooo.. out with the old and in with the new.

Hi Daska.

Soviet vu.Will be happy to meet you on the field of battle.

When you get your unit up and running.

PM me when your ready to roll. And good luck with the unit.

Do you plan to stick with a particular set of vehicles or are you going to use the full SB Inventory.

Have just applied to join in a LO role for BG ANZAC (just awaiting moderation).

Just FYI, some of the AARs from Doc are missing pictures (unsure if they are bad links or somesuch)?

It appears to be in the 2nd and subsequent posts per thread (good idea to recycle previous stuff as promotional material though).

I have been in a similer situation daskal. I disbanded the Gunn about 8 years ago. To many type A personalities at the time I guess, I cannot remember exact reasons. Peole taking it to seriously mostly. Rather than see it dwindle I disbanded it.