OPERATION VARIABLE III

Tacbat

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I try to load this scenario it complains about not being able to find a paderborn_rough height map. Anyone got a link to that?

Thanks!

Dave

What should be the final version of the first mission with the completed map, and theme.

Since this is a new map, please be on the lookout for possible issues with roads/water. Some errors were found and corrected, but I don't know if I found them all.

When I try to load this scenario it complains about not being able to find a paderborn_rough height map.

You won't be able to open it in the mission editor, so you'll have to open it as SP or MP session. It's a guard against people doing unauthorized intel gathering on the other side. :sonic:

That zip contains paderborn.hgt, Mog, which I already have. When I open the scenario in the mission editor it seems to want paderborn_rough.hgt so I'm wondering if the height map also got some tweaks.

It doesn't affect the ability to open the scenario in offline mode, but I like using the Mission Editor to poke around. Not a big deal...

• Moderators
Sorry guys, will be MIA for the first round (real "Army Training"* to attend).

* Said in poor Bill Murray impression.

Please send the grid for the second RV and I'll be there for phase 2.

Hope it goes well. :)

Ahh that sucks. Oh well, you can help clean up the mess for whatever side you are on in Mission #2. :biggrin:

Gents,

I've put together a skin pack for the red side (although you could use it for blue if you wanted) and I've uploaded it to the SB Lobby on Teamspeak. The file is called "OPV3 Red Skin Pack.rar". It contains all the skins for the vehicles. Go into your "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\winter" folder (for Win 7) and create a new folder called "red". Then extract the skins into that newly created "red" folder. That's it.

They aren't the greatest skins, but they'll do.

dd076ac2-4742-4c78-8e58-28ea3dcf99c1_zps2e046553.jpg

For those planning on showing up tonight, here's a quick sequence of events:

Show up 10-15 min early. (you can download and install the skin pack while you wait ;) )

Both CO's and the Campaign Coordinator (CC) will move to a seperate TS channel to conduct the player draft.

Once done, the CC will announce the teams, and everyone will move to their respective channels. I would reccomend selecting a support vehicle to begin with, then the CO's can delegate specific vehicles to players once in the planning phase.

Once the planning is complete, it's game on!

Remember that this is supposed to be a blend of fun and seriousness, so please conduct yourselves accordingly. ;)

I used a modified version of the "Cold Steel" scenario to test my "Red" schemes for OPV III. I've just copied TacBat's folder into my SB, and the cam schemes on the twenty or so vehicles I have in CS are first rate. The only one that I didn't get was for the Centauro, which is in the OPV III vehicle list in the rules doc, IIRC.

Thx, Tac. These are going to make the campaign much more enjoyable for me: a standardized cam pattern for OPFOR rather than my hodge-podge collection of schemes. :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: