Tacbat

OPERATION VARIABLE III

@ Gibson/Tango29: :thelmuty:

Here's the first draft for mission 1. The winter theme may be tweaked a bit, and hopefully the missing part of the map to the NE will be included in the final version. CO's also have 1000 points to customize their starting forces.

56e83cd64d80e_OPV3Mission1a_rar.f7a32e61

OPV3 Mission 1a.rar

Edited by Tacbat
Updated map for the scenario.

I can see why finishing the map is of interest. :)

A couple of minor typos in the briefing:

"A political dispute has divided out country ...".

"+ Upgrade X vehciles ..."

@ Gibson/Tango29: :thelmuty:

Here's the first draft for mission 1. The winter theme may be tweaked a bit, and hopefully the missing part of the map to the NE will be included in the final version. CO's also have 1000 points to customize their starting forces.

WOW, very nice! The map is shaping up very nicely. Excellent job (as usual) on the map Manteuffel!

This is a dumb newbie question...but...When I'm getting a missing height map error when I try to open it. The file in the Height Map section is a terrain file. Am I missing something? Where can I find the height map.

Thanks

...When I'm getting a missing height map error when I try to open it. The file in the Height Map section is a terrain file. Am I missing something? Where can I find the height map.

Please see post 7 in this thread...

"Either side can purchase any vehicle, depending on the ORBAT, so it is recommended that different “skins” are used to differentiate between Red/Blue equipment." (OV III Rules)

I count a grand total of 41 different vehicles. I'd better get 'em in the right folders!

Edit: I'm following a sticky by RogueSnake posted a while ago WRT skins and how to save them. OV III is a winter scenario, so I expect to put the enemy "skins" in the "Red" folder inside the "Winter" folder. Trouble is, there isn't a "Red" folder there right now. Is this just a case of making a "Red" folder and inserting it into the "Winter" folder, or is there another aspect to this that I'm missing? TIA for any suggestions.

Here's a .jpg file of the map for the initial mission that can be printed out for reference:

Thanks.

All we need now is the missing corner to be completed and removing the "Beyond here there be Dragons" warning. :)

Thanks.

All we need now is the missing corner to be completed and removing the "Beyond here there be Dragons" warning. :)

Well nothing like a little "Combat Recon" (Basically the American method - Shoot the place up and see what shoots back :) )

That would be nice. That way if I need to find something in here in the future it would be easier to do so. However, I think the percentage of threads that actually do stay on topic is rather small...

Do we have any idea as to when the "missing corner" of the map might be filled in? I'd like to get the full map printed off before we start. But no biggie: just asking.