Canadian army trophy mission

oscar19681

I have been thinking about this for about 5 years now. I have all the data, rule book and of course the map.:luxhello:

It might be a good time now that we have the Leo1's to get a team together to start some planing for such a event to be held yearly with each nation sending a team(s). Just not the french!!!:cul: (JK):remybussi:

Lets think about this, and those who are willing to join in a developing team give me a shout.(e-mail)

This to be done right will take some time and people.:Crash:

PS this is not going to be held tomarrow, its gona take a while............

Yep...

However, as been said, I think such event for SBP would be great.

Could you describe a bit what kind of help are you looking at to get this baby moving?

I forsee the biggest help will be needed in the targets and the scoring. And of course the umpires.

We could let the ai run the targets and script the scoring, however to be fair I think this should be done by us the players. By players I meen the range staff, not the troop/ptl on the firing line.

The serials would be set, and marked on time and ammo used.We would need the staff to hold the same serial for each team, say one serial every weekend.

At he end of all the serials we would post the serials scores and the overall score.

I have the rule book that was used to hold the real event, and none of the rules seem that hard to reproduce in SB Pro Pe. Most of the rules can be used, a few being very hard to put into the sim and could be left out.

There is the matter of challenging the serial as in real life, this would be baised on a few factors and the umpires. The challenging is pretty stright forward and would be stated a the start.

I'll give it a look see, and come up with the minium staff required. Then we can take a look at the procedures that would work for the sim and do a test run.

Give me a few weeks after 1st Clash to start on yet another SB project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello 12Alfa, How did the CAT go? Question(s): Would you include the Driver in the Crew,or just the Crew Comd and Gunner? Is it static (you could have targets "spawn" and "Remove killed" when hit to appear like "pop-up/disappearing" targets) or is it a "Battle Run"? Thank you for your time and Seasons Greetings!

Yours simcerely,

KiwiXO

MOONBEAM

Hello 12Alfa, How did the CAT go? Question(s): Would you include the Driver in the Crew,or just the Crew Comd and Gunner? Is it static (you could have targets "spawn" and "Remove killed" when hit to appear like "pop-up/disappearing" targets) or is it a "Battle Run"? Thank you for your time and Seasons Greetings!

Yours simcerely,

KiwiXO

MOONBEAM

Drivers yes.

Trgs could be left on range to add to the confusion, we could go either way on this.

The CAT was both static and battle runs for each team.

Im gettin a team together in Jan to start the planing and a couple of run throughs. We in the 1ST CAD have done a drill that is very close to the CAT so we have some ground work done allready.

As for the map I would like to start in Germany and follow on with different units hosting their ranges, if this ok by all.

More in Jan.

Happy seasons wishes to all/

• 3 weeks later...

Oke now give me a cat mission and lets play online . No seriously is it just you and me who want a cat mission how could this be done . I can make good scenarios, But i,m not that good with triggers and scoring and not at al with the way scoring was done with cat . I would love to replicate the dutch when they won the cat . And is this map in the downloads section by any chance? or missions ? The movie,s look fucking great man you really working on this man? You seemed to play only with german players but we should really form international teams and see who wins .

put the files in your "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\height and C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\terrain" folders.

Note: look for the exact folders (All Users!!!)

Edit: if you cant find the folder do a windows search and look for *.hgt and *.ter files...

it will lead you to the right directory

greetz Kama

• 3 months later...