Need help with installation

AllenInWV

Okay, I have a 32bit Vista system, and I got the "alternating green/red 5+/- flashes then the light goes out" routine I've seen mentioned here.

So I wend to Codemeter, downloaded and ran the 32 bit v3.30.

Now I'm getting the "d3dx9_31.dll not found" error message. I've run the (I think) Mar 2008 directX 9.0C but still no joy. I think I put the extracted files in the wrong place.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Just got my new laptop today and I'm eager to see how SB Pro PE works.

Thanks!

First thing to do, if your internet connection is even remotely up to it is to download the Official Beta .370 version.

This corrects a number of important AI awareness issues (AI units too aware of targets to their flanks and rear) adds a few additional units and IMO doesn't break anything important.

It is worth getting online as you will learn more than you would offline, and its more fun with real people who are cooperating with each other than with the AI.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm kind of late on this but if anyone else runs into this problem this is good to know. I had the same problem that you did, what I did was google searched d3dx9_31.dll, found a link to download it, and put it into my system32 file. After that if you are running vista, it is likely that data execution prevention will get in the way, follow the instructions to disable it and launch some Sabot rounds downrange.