Bearing witness...

Ghost

And please, I'm just trying to share an interesting website, I am NOT trying to spark a political debate about who's right and wrong.

So please leave those kind of comments outside this thread. Thank You.

Oh yes you are! :D you just trying to kick the yanks in the lower part of the body :biggrin:

hmm, guess i have to go thrue the website then :)

One thing I reacted over is the soldier vs civilian casualty rate.

Look on the attachment you can see that in baghdad and other places its like 3 civilians on 1 soldier, but look at Anbar, its almost 1:1 ??

how could it be? I know nada about the different regions of Iraq so maybe its obvius for someone who been around? (like its a stronghold, hardly any civilians etc) ?

anyone have a clue betther then my guesses?

/KT

anbar.jpg.df4bb467890381c6df25715aec1f0f

anbar.jpg.df4bb467890381c6df25715aec1f0f

Anbar is mostly Sunni, a possible lack of secterian violence (especially in comparison to Baghdad)? Add to that it is in the "Sunni Triangle" so that would seem to indicate a higher US casualty level. Thus that may explain the figure.

Oh Ghost, interesting site.

Edit:

Look at the following map and compare the two. Take note of the cities. You may have heard some of them on the news (they cover the Iraq war over there, yes?).

http://www.larrywinfield.com/iraq_cia_2003.jpg

KT, you sure about the reading of that graph?

I haven't looked at anything other than the attachment here, which is slightly incomplete, but assuming the radius is casualty rate, then Anbar looks like 2:1 civ/mil and Bagdad 4:1 or 5:1.. if it is based on area then rates would be 4:1 and 20:1 or thereabouts..

I'll take a proper look later though.

• 2 weeks later...