Mouse gunners, advice please!

AllenInWV

I've been playing around with the tutorials in order to find a nice map for my new gamepad controller. What I did NOT realize at the time was that I can't map the "Fire" command to my mouse's left button.

Can anyone recommend a good mouse, preferably a wireless laser, with programmable buttons? I'm trying to keep it ~$50 or under.

Thanks!

LOL Not to me you aren't. I've had SBPPE out of the box for 2 days now. Still haven't really sat down to play yet.....wanna try to get the keyboard controls in hand before I start to work learning the M2.

I'm going to Best Buy tonight......I'll see if I can't find something like that.

When I said new, I meant new to this forum. But it seems my confidence is rising. I checked the Best Buy website, and while they don't have a wireless mouse for gaming that's $50 or under (in fact, there don't appear to be any wireless mice for gaming), they do have a number of wireless mice that have programable buttons, but there are no corded gaming mice that fit your budget that also have programable keys.

But still, some of the gaming mice aren't terribly expensive, like the Logitech G5, or the Razer DeathAdder.

Then of course, in case you missed it in the last post I made in this thread, there's always the Razer Copperhead Anarchy.:diable:

It's nice to hear that you're starting out on the M2 Bradley. I started out on that vehicle myself, and I think I can give you some pointers on how to proceed. First start out with basic gunnery tutorials. Once you've learned how to shoot the 25mm autocannon, then go on to lead to hit a moving target, TOW missile, creating routes and waypoints, and shooting with the gunner's auxiliary sight (you'll see it abbreviated as GAS).

From there, try looking at the Troops scenario. This will put you to the test, and once you've survived this scenario, I'd say you've survived basic training and can move on to the Multiple Units scenario. In Troops, you will dismount the troops you have (their number is 6) by pressing the U key. From there, have them move to the bunker by following the signs, then when they make it, press E to make them take up a battle position. Don't be alarmed if 2 of the grunts stay outside the bunker.

Then direct your M2 to waypoint 5, and from there you will be taken to the overwatch position. Once you're there, the enemy will attack your troop's position with a motorized platoon of of BMPs and a T-72. This is where everything you've learned before will be put to the test. Use a TOW ATGM on the T-72 and 25mm AP on the BMPs. Chances are the BMPs will be able to dismount at least 1 squad of infantry, so be prepared to use 25mm HE fire to stop them. You will be fired upon, so keep your head in the game, and your frontal armor to the enemy and you should be set.

Once the shooting stops, you will be directed to head downhill to waypoint 2. Once you're doing so, make sure to make your troops go to that same waypoint as well. When you've all made it to waypoint 2, the tutorial will end.

See if all that helps.

I went with the Razer DeathAdder (who in the hell writes the material on these things?? From the sound of the manual, I think I should have registered my mouse with the ATF!!! LOL).

Still playing around with the mapping on the contol pad and now the mouse. I DID notice that the Insert and Delete keys didn't appear to change the ROF on the M242 though.

I'm also pleased to report that my laptop (Dual core 2.0 GHZ, 3Gb RAM, Nvidea 8600 GT) seems to be running SB Pro PE flawlessly with the sliders set pretty high.

I DID notice that the Insert and Delete keys didn't appear to change the ROF on the M242 though.

One of the changes to the fire control system keystrokes that has been made since the tutorials were first written is that the 'page down' key cycles the rate of fire for the M242, rather than multiple presses of the ammo selection keys as was initially the case.

Wow, that's just wierd. Apart from the Mickey Mouse impression, there are others wearing the face mask part of that outfit only - are they *trying* to look like the CP force from Half Life 2, or is that just a massive coincidence??

• 2 weeks later...