briefing/aar bugs?

desertowl

hi all!

since I'm a complete n00b to the sim it might be just me not understanding the works, but in the manual it is stated that the AAR should have a "gunnery box" in which I can see gunnery events, but I don't have it (various tutorial missions in leo2a5 - VER 2.370 BETA), also, there should be an option to save my plan at the briefing stage under FILE, but I don't see such an option.

I'll take the advantage of this thread to ask another question which I already asked at the general forum - in the leo2a5, is there a reason why I can't override the gunner while in the commander eye view? it works fine in the m1a1.

thanks in advance for the help...

Moshe

I believe the gunnery box that you are looking for is the area in the red circle. If you select "Events", the AAR will stop at engagement events and then you can see them in "World" view.

If you are using the Beta version, you won't be able to save your plan. With previous versions you will be able to.

GunBox.jpg.b99b6d0af9c4c2c6f2b29d9050caa

GunBox.jpg.b99b6d0af9c4c2c6f2b29d9050caa

• Administrators

The manual is both for the pro version and the pro pe version. Pro has much more information in that gunnery box than pro pe does.

The buttons for overriding the gunner in the leo are different - are you aware of that?

TACBAT - what you pointed out is the event box, the manual states the existence of an additional box, called "gunnery box" , which allows you to view the GPS and GAS at every gunnery event (sounds important), but I guess its available only in the PRO version.

about saving a plan in the beta - is there an alternative to that?

Sean - I'm aware of the differences between the leo and the M1, and I am able to override the gunner while in the TIM (pressing the "*"), but while in eye view, I can't move the turret itself, only free view of the commander's head.

Thanks again for the help, and best regards,

Moshe.

• Members

Gunnery events are not being captured in the PE version. The rationale here is that gunnery training and AAR feedback interpretation should only be done in the presence of an experienced master gunner/gunnery instructor, or misinterpretations might lead to negative training.

• Members
Sean - I'm aware of the differences between the leo and the M1, and I am able to override the gunner while in the TIM (pressing the "*"), but while in eye view, I can't move the turret itself, only free view of the commander's head.

While technically it is possible to reach the button to override the gunner from the eye view, it is very uncomfortable and imprecise. It usually creates more confusion than it helps with quick target assignation. We therefore decided that since these ergonomic restrictions would not apply in the simulation we would strike this option. It's a simplification, but a better approximation of reality IMO than if we had allowed this.

I'm not familiar with the LEO, but it sounds weird that the developers of the tank decided to let that feature pass, since in very close encounters this feature is highly important for the survivability of the crew, IMO at least, and i think that the simulation backs me up.

I'm not familiar with the LEO, but it sounds weird that the developers of the tank decided to let that feature pass, since in very close encounters this feature is highly important for the survivability of the crew, IMO at least, and i think that the simulation backs me up.

Well its much faster to yell "gunner Traverse right...steady...ON!, Sabot tank ON, Fire" that trying to reach down and find that controller with a fine touch so as no to fling the turret is a girlie fashion in all directions.

So yelling a fire command it a good experience gunner is in most cases a LOT FASTER.

You can try this by placing your joystick on the floor under your pc table and sticking your face on the monitor, then move your tank into battle with a T-80 and try to engage it with the floor mounted joystick.

Please report back with the results.:cul:

you didn't get me - I understand why Esim decided to cancel that mode, I just don't understand the actual ergonomics of the LEO that prevents easy access to the controller when the commander is standing.

I can tell you, from case studies of past Israeli conflicts, of several ocasions of a surprise encounter from very short ranges that the commander simply drew the main gun and fired - both on infantry with RPG and in classic tank encounters.

If the ergonomics allows it - I'm certain it's quicker then voice command and gunner orientation time (a surprise attack on your night camp, with lot's of silhouette around, for example).

Anyhow, this discussion is drifting from the support forum issues and I got the answers I was looking for (except for the save battle plan issue, but I guess this is why it is called a BETA).

great sim and I enjoy it plenty up until now - I hope to write my initial impressions in an orderly fashion after I'll have the chance to experience a bit with full missions - thanks for all the replies!

Moshe.

• Members

The Strv122 and the Spanish Leo 2A6 have a feature where you pull an elastic sensor string that is mounted above the TC's vision blocks and it will then rotate the peri to that direction. If you then use the override function, the reaction time is greatly reduced. So, the problem has been acknowledged, and there is a solution available as well.