Golden Desert - Coop / single player scenario

daskal

Launch an armored thrust into the heart of enemy territory. Capture and secure the 2 towns in the area....

It is meant to be played in coop (4+ players recommended), but it also works just fine in single player mode as well.

I've uploaded the scenario to Pro PE/Scenarios Multiplayer/Coop Large

it should appear shortly - good hunting!

56e83c5dee8bd_Goldendesert_2.jpg.86cb501

56e83c5dee8bd_Goldendesert_2.jpg.86cb501

As usual i,m really a fan of your desert scenarios . Esspecially if its loosly based on the war in iraq . However i,m not sure if it has anything to do with your scenario but i get ctd,s and lockups some 15 mins into the game . Gonna try to find out if it has anyting to do with you scenario.

Yeah i havent had time to play other scenario,s for a long time . but from what i,ve played they seem stable . I get a ctd in your scenario when i move out all the units behind the hill where i position the fist-v to soften up the enemy forces . Then suddenly it either locks up or i get a ctd . Its allways some 10 to 15 min of playing when it happens and i freak out every time happens because i really want to play the scenario . Ill try to find out if its becuase of the scenario or there is a problem with sbp .

• 1 year later...

Cpt. Colossus's nice desert T-80 got me back in the mood for a desert scenario.

So replayed this older scenario, in SP.

Was fun.

Some nice touches, as the convoy that is trying to reach the 1st city : gives this sce a dynamic feel.

I also liked the tactical choices the terrain gives you:

attack the 2nd city straight on, or make a very very large detour via the South to attack the city from behind.

But I am a fan of SACEUR-missions ...

Peeked briefly in the Mission Editor: seems to have some replayability, given several Red options ?

Red units spawning in mid-scenario, is something I'm less fond of. Just a detail.

THX Daskal for your effort in this sce.

Rgds,

Koen

Thx for the feedback Koen - its really hard to get feedbacks on scenarios "over here", I'm glad you liked it.

As for the spawning Red units - spawning was needed since this is a rather large scenario with lots of forces, and this saves a lot on on CPU power. Actually spawning is arranged in a way that the player shouldn't even notice it - this means that you don't need to be worried that enemy units will appear in front of you out of nowhere. Spawning is always done in a way that its out of sight from the player - and yeah its also randomised a bit ;)

• 5 years later...
Daskal,

Posted some feed back on the scenario in the downloads section. We really enjoyed it, thank you.

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the feedback. Once I'm finished with the Basra map / scenario I'm planning to overhaul and update this one.