Reducing Damage times on units

general billy

Actually it depends on what sort of damage - some types respond to player action/maintenance support, others don't.

Coax seems to be repaired more often/quicker if you go to the loading position and start a coax reload.

Mobility damages are repaired much faster with an M88 (and presumably the M113 repair as well for APCs?)

Within the mission editor it would be possible to set up a maintenance area that repairs specific/all damages after a certain time in it.

Two hours to repair a GPS is probably more than generous. If the GPS itself actually needs replaced, its going to take the greater part of the day to replace it. A new GPS unit is not something that is carried on any of the company maintenance vehicles either, so any repair/replacement of a GPS is going to rely on higher levels of maintenance in most cases. Waiting on the part to be delivered to the maintenance team is what usually takes the longest amount of time. So if you do manage to get a damaged GPS repaired in two hours, consider it very fortunate indeed.

No. They are hard coded, and as far as I know, they are realistic. ...

But we want unrealistic times :-P...like in the line: warp-engine is brocken, we need at least 2 month to repair it..."Scotti, you have 4 hours"..."Captain, I'll do it in 2 " :-D

To illustrate Rump's point, here's a "Repair if" condition set for an engine. I set the delay for 10 seconds. So, in game, if the engine is damaged, it will be fixed in 10 sec's. You could do the same thing for all the other "Repair if" options, thereby making your own custom repair times.

On a side note, does anyone know what the "Repair if - Wait Times" does?

56e83c681e3a2_Enginerepair.jpg.3387dcd33

56e83c681e3a2_Enginerepair.jpg.3387dcd33

Greetings all,

With reference to repair times,

Is there a location with a list of every component repair time? And are any of the repair times effected by still being in contact (not under fire) with the Enemy. Or having Friendly elements nearby?

Having a printed list of the "time to repair" various components would allow the company/battalion commanders to make an immediate choice of send repair or request a replacement element, and when they could expect to have that element "returned" to their command.

With the "New" M88's, and there ability to "Tow" a unit to a safe location to start repairs, is the repair action started after the M88 "unhooks" the damaged element? Will the combination of an M88 and the Repair m113 speed up the repairs?

Should all mission Commanders now "START" (if they haven't already) to plan follow-on "Echelons" to provide repair and crew replacement functions? (here come the A1 and A2 Commanders positions) Mission designers may want to consider grouping all the "support" elements into one or two "Echelons" of the same callsign and apointing an "XO" unit for their commands. (easier to jump into the support commanders position at the assembly area)

Inquiring minds want to know, ..... later ..... 9erRed

Hi all

It all depends on what effect you are after.

Part of the frustration of being a Commander of Armoured vehicles is not knowing how long a repair will take.

If we can agree that this is a simulation and not a game, at least that is what eSim design it as, just because something in its design is awkward to work with doesnt mean its wrong.

If repair times are shortened and do not match real life we may as well introduce respawning and IMHO that would lead to a slippery slope into an area where this Sim does not belong.

Irish

Is there a location with a list of every component repair time?
I'm of the opinion that there isn't a standardized repair time for every component which is damaged. I've personally witnessed repair times for track damage, for example, range from between 25:00-35:00.

Some damage does seem to have a predetermined length of time that doesn't seem to be inviolable. Stoppages never seem to take more than 5:00 to clear, but I've not done a careful analysis of observations.

...are any of the repair times effected by still being in contact (not under fire) with the Enemy. Or having Friendly elements nearby?
Good question; I'm usually too busy fighting the fight to say one way or the other, though I could say that it probably doesn't matter. You'll either live through the scrum long enough to notice that you have damage needing your attention, or you won't.

It might make sense for external repairs, at least, to buy a delay if there are enemy units about.

I haven't noticed that friendly units close by make things go faster, but maybe if they're shut down (engine off, at least) they might be allowed to help with a busted track. Something for the next update, maybe?

Shot

• Moderators

Along the line of what rump said, use the repair if and make the condition to occur when that vehicle enters a certain region. You can then make a region on the map which acts as your maintenance area. In this case you can instantly repair any damages instantly as long as the vehicle is not toally destroyed. If instant damage repair is not what you want, then you can specify a timer for each repair to: [if true, wait until] so that you can specify a time for each one. The downside is that the user won't know how long to wait but you can, and should, state that in the briefing notes.

edit: Tacbat covered it too... I didn't notice the second page until after I typed this. :o

On a side note, does anyone know what the "Repair if - Wait Times" does?

I think its means that the condition will not be tested until n:nn into the mission. So if you do not want to allow the condition to be true until after say 10 mins in to the mission set it to 10:00. its kind of like an extra if statement for time only