Is Teamspeak Down?

Tango29

When I try to connect via the SB homepage, I get a "Webpage cannot be displayed" message. Not sure why, as I've been all over the web today trying out Windows 7: no problems so far save for TS. I'll give it an hour or so and see what happens. Hope to be in game tonight if at all possible. Any suggestions gratefully received!

And just got in thanks to Furia's link: gracias! Don't know why I didn't get the "tree" when I tried to connect earlier. Maybe it's the "newness" of my setup. I'll do a bit of tidying up and try to confirm that the comms works all right.:)

Edit: And just confirmed that the comms are up and running: short conversation with a couple of players on line. So now we'll try to pass the acid test: in game tonight!

Edited by Tango29
Cfm comms

Don't know why I didn't get the "tree" when I tried to connect earlier.

Well if you are starting from scratch (not restoring from a previous machine) then I suspect all your options need to be reconfigured to get it back to what you were used to.

Look in "options" "design" for choices about how the channel "tree" looks when you start up.

Well if you are starting from scratch (not restoring from a previous machine) then I suspect all your options need to be reconfigured to get it back to what you were used to.

Look in "options" "design" for choices about how the channel "tree" looks when you start up.

Actually, all I had to do was to use the "Online Play" page as my SB page: do that, and there's the tree, with tabs to all other website areas!

There is a link to go and get the software but AFAIK you can't launch TeamSpeak directly from that page and go straight to the SteelBeasts server?

Actually yes, if you click on the first line of the family tree where it says "Stelbeasts.com Teamspeak Server" it does launch Teamspeak and connects you directly to the server.

Not for me (I just get IE9 try to launch another tab and not going anywhere when I click on it).

But you should be able to get there by just launching the application itself (i.e. not via a browser). You'd have to set the Steel Beasts server up as your default connection though.

Anyway as long as you have a way to launch it, I guess. :)

...if you click on the first line of the family tree where it says "Stelbeasts.com Teamspeak Server" it does launch Teamspeak and connects you directly to the server.
Not for me (I just get IE9 try to launch another tab and not going anywhere when I click on it).

Works for me. But I use Firefox and got a pop-up asking which program I wanted to use to open TS server links. TS was the only program on that list. I checked the box indicating I always want to use this program.

A quick check in Control Panel>Programs>Default Programs revealed no associations in Windows itself, so I'll wager there's a setting somewhere within IE9 to associate TS links.

That is...if you care to do it that way. As Gibsonm said:

...as long as you have a way to launch it...