Anybody playing LockOn or Black Shark on Steam?

Redwolf

Since I'm re-activating my joystick anyway for 2.6, why not fly a bit?

In the past I stayed away from those LockOn and Black Shark products because of the intrusive copy protection they had on CDs but that problem doesn't apply in Steam.

Anybody playing them? Did they polish them to an enjoyable state?

Any other flying recommendations?

I play Black Shark, but not on Steam. It's a great sim. I love it.

I upgraded to v.2 from v.1 and I don't remember having to do anything with Steam. But that was a while ago and I know they split the online portion into a separate application now.

I do know this: My fiancee plays Skyrim a lot and she can't stand Steam.

But as I said, I play 1P all the time, no problem. And I couldn't even tell you where my CD is. If you like flight sims and helos, I'd definitely recommend it!

Edited by Lt DeFault
I don't swing that way. :)

I play A-10 Warthog since last November and yes "It's a great sim!", maybe this is what SB need to. I mean Module, for example SB now is DCS World + Combined Arms, so if you want to play SB with a full controllable helicopter or jets like A-10 you have to buy for.

I do know this: My fiance plays Skyrim a lot and she can't stand Steam.

Not that I'm judging and just in case its a typo.

Fiance = male

Fiancee = female

So in a hetro couple the man has a fiancee (who will become his wife/partner) while the woman has a fiance (who will become her husband/partner). :)

I play A-10 Warthog since last November and yes "It's a great sim!", maybe this is what SB need to. I mean Module, for example SB now is DCS World + Combined Arms, so if you want to play SB with a full controllable helicopter or jets like A-10 you have to buy for.

I agree with you.but having looked in to, and discussed the subject with people who know What it would involve to implement such additions. Its not as easy as it sounds.

For a start of, the maps would have to be bigger.you would also have to include Dozens of Different Sam's.with different types of guidance from radar controlled to man pads.Etc

Esim wont do things by half measures.wheres others like DCS and all style but no substance

DCS Virtual Battlefield is a brilliant idea and kudos to DCS for doing it.but the ground Vehicles are very arcadish for my taste. i cant really comment about the A10/KA-52.

I Also came to the conclusion that a completely separate Sim would have to designed.

And considering how much work Esim have on there plate with the forth coming update.

I cant see that happening

In saying that in my opinion there is a gap in the market for a quality Helicopter Sim. Especially showing the abilities of the Apache and other western helicopters. Micropose had the concept in mind over ten years ago.with gunship/tank platoon 3 but it Never materialised unfortunately