Smaller Beta 2.370 install?

Martyr

Wow--I just saw that the 2.370 beta is a complete 535 meg download. Presumably this is because it installs a complete new version of SB Pro PE in parallel to the user's normal installation.

Is this really necessary? The beta seems good enough for use, and it's a huge pain for me to download all those megs just for the new content, especially since I'll no longer use the non-beta installation. (My DSL has been very slow lately, despite my complaints.) Is there a smaller version of the beta patch that simply installs the new data on top of a normal installation? This would be much more user-friendly.

My poor saga continues...

I downloaded all of the files, but during the installation process I get a message that some of them are corrupt. "Please re-download," it suggests. :(

I wonder if I could appeal to a generous soul to burn the beta patch files to a CD-ROM and mail it to me? I could certainly Paypal you some money for postage and your trouble.

Would anyone be willing? Preferably a US resident, as I live in Philadelphia.

--Paul

Thanks, pvtkramer. I might take you up on it.

First, though, may I ask someone to tell me the file sizes for the six parts? My file number 6 is smaller than the rest, which makes sense, but so is my number 4. Maybe that's the corrupt one. How big should it be?

I've used NetTransfer (NetXfer) for a while, and it also has the useful ability of rendering streamed data to disc as well, which is useful for listening to eg radio serials in a sensible number of chunks over a few evenings, rather than as 15 minute snippets over a fortnight.

It's handling of bittorrent files seems less impressive in performance terms than when I last used a torrent client, but it could just be a poor torrent that I'm waiting for, or some settings I haven't quite got right yet...