Adult feeling cinematic game, LA Noire

[]_--__[]KITT

I'm glad I bought it during steam holiday sale. It's great. The characters are all believable, not that deep but nevertheless believable.

Pretty nice change of pace from violent action heavy games. Sure it has its brawls and shootings but the theme is police work after all.

Nice game with nice feel to it. The content is massive too. Been logging more than 24 hours into it and only about 1/2 to 2/3 to it.

Quick overview

la-noire-20110514013039622.jpeg

LA+Noire_screenshot_105.jpg

la_noire_screenshot_ps3_126.jpg

LA-Noire_screenshot_362.jpg

L.A.-Noire-Screenshot-2.jpg

20110225gallery_lanoire2.jpg

Edited to add pictures.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

Great game! The second game I purchased for the PS3. A few recognizable faces in there, and the technology they used for facial capture was ground-breaking. Too bad there probably won't be a sequel, as I believe the developers went out of business (?) A large part of "solving" the cases is the reading of facial cues given by the characters in the game. Good stuff!

Guest theGUNSLINGER

great shots i have this for playstation 3, but i was at best buy and they had the pc version the complete edition for 19.99 instaling now hehehe

Too bad there probably won't be a sequel

Oh yes there will be..............but on the next Gen PS4.

An odd sounding name for a game,but its the next game in the LA Noire franchise.Dont get too keen,its being developed for the PS4.They hope to use the same technology they used for the faces on the WHOLE body.As the name suggests its set in China.No ideas as to who or what you play.

A statement on the official Whore of the Orient website reads: “Shanghai, 1936. Whore of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.”

“From the development team who brought you L.A. Noire and The Getaway, along with the Academy Award winning film production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell comes a completely new and original IP being developed for next generation games consoles and PC.”

Whore of the Orient was first revealed in November last year, and is to be published by Warner.

Guest theGUNSLINGER

That name is too funny, i cant see that being for the north american market or euro market, sounds more like GTA for the asian, I would like to see a more modern LA Noire maybe set in the time of the tv show "adam 12" set in the late 60's to 70's that would be neat

great shots i have this for playstation 3, but i was at best buy and they had the pc version the complete edition for 19.99 instaling now hehehe

Hehehe.

The developer too bad wouldn't want to have Red dead redemption on PC. I heard that's a very good game from the same Rockstar game.

I came to a point where I wouldn't play LA Noire for long at all about half an hour max. At first I was distracted with other games then I realized I liked it too much I feared it would end hehehe which would make all the world in the game rather pointless without the chained story progression.

Edit: I copied the original post from Rise of Flight forum sorry I forgot to delete mentioning of RoF.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

Oh yes there will be..............but on the next Gen PS4.

An odd sounding name for a game,but its the next game in the LA Noire franchise.Dont get too keen,its being developed for the PS4.They hope to use the same technology they used for the faces on the WHOLE body.As the name suggests its set in China.No ideas as to who or what you play.

A statement on the official Whore of the Orient website reads: “Shanghai, 1936. Whore of the Orient. Paris of the East. The most corrupt and decadent city on the planet, where anything can be had or done for the right price. Plaything of Western powers who greedily exploit the Chinese masses. Boiling pot of Chinese nationalism, with the Kuomintang ruthlessly trying to suppress Communism and the labour movement. Home to the International Police Force, a group of Western cops hopelessly trying to keep the lid on and keep the peace.”

“From the development team who brought you L.A. Noire and The Getaway, along with the Academy Award winning film production team of Kennedy Miller Mitchell comes a completely new and original IP being developed for next generation games consoles and PC.”

Whore of the Orient was first revealed in November last year, and is to be published by Warner.

Oh wow! That sounds very interesting. PS4? I just bought my PS3 last year!