A.A. uses sounds from SB?

daskal

• Moderators
Mentioned here... but i would like to know if they are improperly using eSim Games material, or if it's allowed, or their own...

http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_140a.html

To answer your question...

I contacted the guy in the past (6 months ago?) about the sounds in AA, many of them without a doubt are from Steel Beasts, I would know my sounds anywhere, just like picking out the Wilhelm scream or standard Foley sounds in a movie. When asked politely (via email) that he remove those sounds, I was greeted with a reply that went into great length about how they recorded those sounds on their own and they just happened to be identical. All this was about a month or two after the main guy sent me PMs complimenting the sounds in Steel Beasts. But that was then, and it may have changed since. But in regards to the video above...

Sounds from SB:

Exterior engine idle

Internal engine idle

TIS sound

...I hear Daskal's external main gun sound mod too, or at least one of his previous ones.

At the time I pointed them in the right direction so that he can license his own sounds (if they don't want to record their own) from places line Sounddogs etc, not sure what came from it though. It really is quite a shame if they are still ripping the sounds from Steel Beasts, a lot of work went into making these sound effects, work that they could just as easily do themselves (and possibly make improvements on). But who knows, like I said, maybe they addressed this already and the video might be old, hard to say. If they were using them as placeholders and they did actually replace them with their own, then good for them.

V-man,

Did you check out his avatar on his forum?

http://www.americasarmor.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=91

What's the big deal?

If Volcano can use that crest then so can the guy from A.A (who I don't know from adam).

That crest is the crest of the 67th Armor. I thought I recognized it and checked because I served for a short time in Co B 2/67th while I was stationed at Ft. Hood in late '71 prior to being shipped to Germany.

Here's a link: Crest US Army 67th Armor Regiment

As for him stealing sounds - well - that's just wrong. Sue the BASTARD!

• Moderators

Well, in regards to my post above, I don't really want to start WWIII over a couple of sounds, but it is the principle. I mean, if nothing is said about 3 or 4 sounds, then why not use 30 or 40 over a long period time? That was the reason why I contacted him - to keep that from happening. ;) (so let's all remain calm)

Edited by Volcano

I'll start off with "I am not using any sounds what so ever that are used in SB". The last I heard the sound that is made by a machine isn't copyrightable...just totally ridiculous assumptions flying around this forum..I expected more, but I guess I was sadly mistaken.

Every texture is created by me or artists that are working on the project. Or purchased.

Every model is created by me.

Every aspect has been created by.

I was in C Co. 1/67 Armor 2nd AD, Ft. Hood Tx. 1993-96' Do you guess what me to start scanning paper work...:|

Am I not allowed to show my love for my old unit before they disbanned the 2nd AD????????????????

@Ssnake:

Thanks for considering me a competitor. I am not trying to compete..just doing what I love to do about what I love. Never thought a one man army could compete with SB..;)

@Volcano:

My main gun blast sfx are actually made up of three different explosion sounds. I am not using your sounds or anyones.