Can't update and Can't Uninstall now.

Monkie

I recently uninstalled a fully working and patched SB Pro PE off of my computers C: drive. My intentions were to Re-install the program onto an external drive F: because C: was running out of room. The uninstalling went fine and the Re-installation of the program onto the F: drive also seemed to be ok. I ran into trouble trying to patch the game with 2.262. During the installation it seemed to hang during the copying of files portion. So I cancelled the installation and tried it again. The patch installer said there was another installer in operation and to that it could not proceed. I rebooted the computer and tried again, this time it gave me this message:

Error 1305 error reading from file C:\windows\installer\48d7476.msi verify that file exists and you can access it.

I then proceeded to try to un-install the Main Steel Beasts program but I am getting some sort of uninstall error....

I also tried to install from the disk again and when the installer starts I get the same "Internal Error" message with about 15 numbers next to it...

am I doomed or what?

JC

I don't think it ran out of room on C: because I have 5GB open on it. I did try to look for the C:Windows\Installer folder and there wasn't one... arghhh

The one thing I'm wondering about is that while the main program was installed on my F: drive there are the user folders that seem to have no option of being installed anywhere else except a C: drive... could this be causing a problem?

Any other ideas?

Thanks

JC

• Administrators

Try downloading the windows installer cleanup utility from microsoft and delete the installer entry for steel beasts. Delete all your SB files, and then start over from the beginning. Pay close attention to the patch installers because some of them will install to whatever path it thinks is the default, and this may not be what you need. Make sure you are opening and closing SB every time after a patch is installed before installing the next patch.

Ok I've used the Windows Installer Cleanup and when I first installed it there was a message that SB had some files that were still in use and it had to undo them so I hope that was the cause of the first problem. I then used the program to undo the installer files for SB. I'm going to delete all the files and reinstall now... I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you for the very quick replies.

JC

OK... Everything is working now and I managed to patch the game all the way up to just before the Beta.

I believe the mistake I made was after I installed from the CD I did NOT run the game first before installing the first patch.

Thank you for the very quick support, now off to enjoy the game once more.

JC