Newbie cant wait

bazjak

Hi all

I am new here and orderd SB a few days ago.

I have my code which was sent by e-mail but the disc wont arrive for another couple of weeks [and codemeter], by which time i will be working away from home,which means i dont know when i will be able to play SB.

So what i am asking is,is there anyway i can ply SB if i download SB from this site, without the dongle, as i am eager to play.

Thanks in anticipation.

Baz [uK]

Hi bazjak,

I too just ordered a copy yesterday and I am eagerly waiting for the postman.

After SeanPatrick had let me try out his licence a few months back I have been waiting to get my hands on this for so long,so really looking forward to getting stuck in.

I just want to also formally say hello to everyone here and would like to say what a great forum this is as I have learned so much by just being a lurker.

Hello from Scotland,

Mick. :)

PS:If anyone does have a spare licence going AWOL till the postie arrives I'm all ears. :wink:

Hi all and pleased to be here

Thanks for the fast reply to my question about playing SB.

Without wanting to sound stupid but as i have never ever played online with any of my games i wouldn't know how to get on teamspeke.Although it was very much appreceated that you would lend me you licence.Thanks Sean.

I thought that you could not ply without a dongle

So if i download the latest version and install how would i get your license to work without a dongle?.

Havn't forgotten you Mick hi from a snowy S Wales

You can borrow my license via a virtual private network service called Hamachi. Here are the steps you will need to take:

1. Download and install Hamachi.
  2. Download and install the Codemeter Runtime.
  3. Download and install ONLY the 7-part Steel Beasts installer at the top of this page.
  4. Contact me via PM/email for the Hamachi Network name and password and log on.
  5. Start codemeter and enter the IP I will give you into the server search list under the 'configuration' tab of the web admin tool.
  6. Exit and restart codemeter. (To include exiting the tray icon)
  7. Start SB and blow stuff up!

I know that sounds complicated, but it's a one-time setup and then you can start the game anytime as if you had a dongle. I will help you through the process if there are any snags.

Hi all and pleased to be here

Thanks for the fast reply to my question about playing SB.

Without wanting to sound stupid but as i have never ever played online with any of my games i wouldn't know how to get on teamspeke.Although it was very much appreceated that you would lend me you licence.Thanks Sean.

I thought that you could not ply without a dongle

So if i download the latest version and install how would i get your license to work without a dongle?.

Havn't forgotten you Mick hi from a snowy S Wales

Hi Bazjak & 3instein .

Welcome to the beast

When you guys get SB up and running. You are more then welcome to drop in to UK Armour

A UK Based virtual unit. Newbies are welcome and we will assist you in getting to grips with The Beast.

HI all Thanks to everyone on here

AM downloading the game now but very very very slow connection

Thanks for the ivitation Marko,but think i had better learn the game first

Your welcome.

By all means learn the Sim at your own pace.

We in UK Armour Use the CR2 and Pizarro as are PC.

I would recommend some time on the range first. The M1_ HA. is a good tank to learn on with Good tutorials on the fire control systems.

But You need not be concerned about being a newbie. MP is not for every body

But speaking for my self i learned a lot more in Twelve months training on line

With the UK Armour Guys then i did in years playing single player.

We have some players with a lot of experience and some who are relative newbies

And some like me who,s only tactic is charge.LoL

Hi Bazjak & 3instein

Welcome to the SB family :)

I'd just like to repeat what Marko said, get yourselves comfortable with SB and pop along and have a look at us at UK Armour if you want to, we don't bite, and though we try to do things the right way(ish) having fun is

the main aim, no point doing it if you're not enjoying it. but as Marko points out you learn so much more, and get much more from this sim when you play with, or against others.

Hi all

So what i am asking is,is there anyway i can ply SB if i download SB from this site, without the dongle, as i am eager to play.

Thanks in anticipation.

Baz [uK]

Welcome,

This is actually detailed on the "home page" here (in the middle at the top of the page so hopefully its easy to find):

http://www.steelbeasts.com/

Just send Sean or I an email and we will send you the instructions (just for future reference since you seem to be sorted out now).

Edited by Gibsonm

hello,

New to the forum. I've downloaded the trial version as to check compatibility or any issues concerning such, none so far. I'm not a gamer as such I have interest in graphics (hobby) as I have created skins for a few sims over the years coming on 14 years now (still a noobie). Anyway I'm more than impressed with S.B & now looking at purchasing S.B (full version). Any excuse from now till my trial period is over to get some practice in (ahem).

Ketchup L-8-er!

Regards

David

Whey-a-les!

Where men are men.

And Sheep are scared!

Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

All better now. :biggrin:

So yeah, Welcome Chaps.

The Welsh chap said he had a slow connection, you might want to look into getting that upgraded ASAP, as you will probably suffer from "Lag"

This can produce quite interesting affects:

Infinitely fast tanks that can literally dodge bullets.

And trees that appear from thin air.

But when your up and running, we give it a shake down if you like, and you can test whether it is tolerable.

Its not normally that bad but it can be.

hello,

Bazjak did you manage to download the files ok? I understand how slow the connections are down in Wales :redface: Could have sent you a Cd-Rom with the content..I managed to set up the sim from the free trial demo but by the time I actually get around to playing my times up :cry: nevermind it does work on my system & I'll just have to wait till I've got the beans together to purchase the full version. I've started to save various files & templates for now anyway :wink:

Ketchup L-8-er!

Regards

David