Sound mod help

Ryujin

Hi, I'm gonna start working on a quick sound mod for the small arms (maybe doing more after that), but I haven't worked with Steel Beasts before. How would I find/replace the nessary files? And can I do different sounds for different nationalities infantry and can I do a supersonic crack for incoming rounds instead of the current whoosh sound?

Thanks,

Ryujin

Look in: C:\Documents and Settings\"USERNAME"\My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\sounds\FX for the FXList.txt file. It will list all of the sound effects used. If you make a new one, place it in the above directory. SB will use files in the mods folders before it uses the default ones.

Heres what I got for small arms so far, I went for the intense feeling :biggrin:

Heres a clip of a russian platoon walking into my killzone and 3 of my squads unloading on em. You can't see much of the fighting, but thats not the point of the clip. By the way, it sounds a tad bit better when the quality isn't cut down for youtube

Well, a few tweaks have been made to the small arms fire, theres a new light AT weapon sound (Can't really hear it in this clip) and my favorite, supersonic cracks to incoming fire that'll keep you cowering in your AFV :sonic: