Arma - M1A1 addon

daskal

I think I'm gonna give it a go - at the moment I just don't see any other alternative for urban warfare.

Well i have arma with realism modes daskal. I really think you will be dissapointed when you do deside to buy arma for urban warfare. The interface is far to complex to be affective and if you are planning to give the tanks in arma a go you will find out that youll be playing sbp in no time. But hey thats my view some other people swear by it.

I think I'm gonna give it a go - at the moment I just don't see any other alternative for urban warfare.

Hi Daskal,

I just bought SWAT4 - played only the tutorial, but looks very, very interesting.

-> Cfr. review at SimHQ: http://www.simhq.com/_land/fps_018a.html

Now concerning urban warfare:

There exists a free mod of SWAT4, ordered by the Canadian Army, specifically aiming at urban warfare: Canadian Forces: Direct Action (° end of 2007)

The Canadians didn't go lightly over it: they looked at over 50 gaming applications to try to meet the needs of their training establishments (including SB & VBS1).

Steel Beasts is a great-mechanized warfare simulator, but there are no dismounted urban operations within the game. SWAT 4 has a hyper realistic urban operations environment but there is no mounted simulation. VBS1 has both mounted and dismounted but the artificial intelligence is not suited for large-scale battles similar to what we can conduct on JANUS.

Therefore they built themselves this mod.

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land_force_doctrine_training_system/ex_aita_trg/futures.htm

http://www.10-david.com/?p=news_item&id=954

-> In "Comments From Members..." n°2 & 3, you will see how the Canadian Captain behind the project explains why they choose SWAT over e.g. Battlefield 2:

"Another aspect in SWATs favour is the inclusion of neutral or hostage personnel. This allows soldiers to practice ‘shoot/don’t shoot’ judgement. In BF2, this doesn’t exist, its kill everything."

Maybe this is what you're looking for ?

Although I'm not sure whether this mod is SP or MP only.

http://www.armyelearning.ca/cfda/cfda_levels.htm

Szervus,

Koen

I just recently bought ArmA.

I honestly cant stand it.

Everything about the game is sluggish from dismounted movement to maneuvering vehicles. Also honorable mention to the semi-retarted ai.

SB Pro for me.

And yes, SWAT4 is a great game for Urban operations. I'll go ahead and put R6 Vegas up there. R6V has some GREAT features for individual movement; specifically the ability to take cover and peek around corners and whatnot.

But i have plenty of experience. Since the interface is allmost exaclty like operation flashpoint which i did play often i deed not need to learn anything new in arma,s interface. In my opinion arma is just a graficly enhanced operation flashpoint with more bugs and problems in it then operation flashpoint.

I liked OFP but sold ArmA after it had gathered dust in the shelf... It had the same pros as OFP but the scenarios and campaign were simply too low quality to get me interested and also the game interface was not to my liking. I hope OFP 2 does better. What comes to SWAT 4, I haven't yet played better CQB -game, EVEN if weapons are not free all the time and you need to consider taking them alive rather than just letting loose with that M4. I hope SWAT 5 will be done, or something similar with as good and intuitive controls and interface.

Zip

Does anyone have a map for CH fighterstick and pro throttle that works in ARMA ? It apparently will not accept multiple controllers and when i make a map that combines them into a single controller, I still have no luck.

Mog