eSim Games Special Offer

Ssnake

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

While I admit that it would be interesting to see how many preorders we could haul in without disclosing anything of substance about the next version aside from its version number, it may well be that we won't take preorders at all.

In the past at least we tried to avoid that. And why would you want us to pay in advance, really - if you can't get the software earlier than by download, and the license is transferred electronically as well. We don't need any advance money to finance production, we can't ship DVDs before they have been produced, etc. ... seriously, I think that the times for game preorders are over.

Some game companies still offer them because it's the easiest way to cash in before word gets out whether a game is great (or not quite so). It also helps to create a favorable initial reception because those who paid in advance are now emotionally tied to the title. They WANT it to be good because they already paid for it. These are not the marketing instruments that eSim Games will grab from the toolbox.

I know this is splitting hairs.

But what will happen is SB ever reaches version number 3.999? :)

Will this event throw the earth out of orbit and we will plummet into the sun? :biggrin:

Or more likely it will become 3.9991?

I guess they will just go to "4.0"

Just like here where they went from 2.654 to "3.0".

I'm not aware of some immutable law that says the version number is capped at 3.X. :)

I guess they will just go to "4.0"

Just like here where they went from 2.654 to "3.0".

I'm not aware of some immutable law that says the version number is capped at 3.X. :)

Ah, but that's a major revision.

I'm thinking of minor versions. :)

Like how the M1 became the M1A1 (Major redesign, Super Heavy Armour, new Gun etc.)

And the M1 became the IPM1 (Minor (relatively) upgrade of the Armour)

:)

And in all likelihood we'll end up with 3.XXX :)

Some game companies still offer them because it's the easiest way to cash in before word gets out whether a game is great (or not quite so). It also helps to create a favorable initial reception because those who paid in advance are now emotionally tied to the title. They WANT it to be good because they already paid for it. These are not the marketing instruments that eSim Games will grab from the toolbox.

As someone who has to deal with PR and marketing individuals on a daily basis, you have no idea how glad I am to hear that. :biggrin: Not that I didn't know it already, of course...

I know this is splitting hairs.

But what will happen is SB ever reaches version number 3.999? :)

Will this event throw the earth out of orbit and we will plummet into the sun? :biggrin:

Or more likely it will become 3.9991?

Damn you, Sir. Pondering this problem has taken over my existence. I can't work or sleep for worrying about it. :clin:

Greatings Everyone!

I ordered SB PRO PE on april 1 for 100$. The next day it was 75$. Great...:cul:

I hope the June upgrade price will be 25$ as usualy.

As they say...shit happens :-/

Hope you'll enjoy it anyway, its worth its money nevertheless.

As they say...shit happens :-/

Hope you'll enjoy it anyway, its worth its money nevertheless.

Yup. If he had been onboard since the beginning in 2006, he would have paid more than $100.00 for the latest version. The initial commitment $125.00 USD plus all the upgrades at $25.00 each would have cost him over $200.00 by now.

So, he still got the package cheap. Still a good bargain, I think.

I hope the June upgrade price will be 25$ as usualy.

Nope, Ssnake has stated that the rumors about a $25 update are false, so most likely this one will be more than that. (I can't imagine than an update to 3.0, which would mean a more extensive update this time, would be cheaper than previous, smaller ones).

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=18993

The initial commitment $125.00 USD plus all the upgrades at $25.00 each would have cost him over $200.00 by now.

Whut? Only that?

It's not really funny to notice how much we can spend on some franchise that sell you the same engine plus one or two features and some arts (for a price of a totally new product).

Not to talk about some sims that sell you a base product where you have to pay for additionnal vehicles...

• Members
I ordered SB PRO PE on april 1 for 100$. The next day it was 75$. Great...:cul:

Well, I'm terribly sorry, but we have to make a cut somewhere, and if we announce them in advance we simply create an incentive to delay a purchase. When I bought my condo apartment a few years ago they raised prices soon before I looked into the offer. Sure, I regret not having the opportunity to buy it cheaper. On the other hand, I bought it for what I considered fair value at the time (otherwise I wouldn't have signed the contract).

I'm not sure if there is solution to this general deflationary dilemma.