Challenger 2 Batus 1.0 (2.654)

Wardog

Challenger 2 MBT shown here in a standard Batus camo. dirty and weathered, with added optics and various markings.

Regards Wardog.

Great work wardog

The CR2 mite not be the best tank in SB.

But its the coolest looking tank in SB

The amusing thing with CR2 paint schemes is that the Veh is usually painted with the gun in the crutch (ie over the back decks) and it is therefore unlikely for the hull and turret schemes to match.

Silly but true.

See here..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defenceimages/5038788270/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16498755@N07/5020069510/

Edited by CharlieB
Added links

Thanks, been working on a better version, well i think it looks better, less bling, dirty but not too much and a different cammo pattern. Should be finished in a couple of days or so, if anyone is interested in it i would be happy to edit previous upload file and upload it to download section, if anyone wants it, let me know thanks, wont upload it if no one wants it, thanks. Dont want to be annoying uploading files all the time, i dont do too much skinning these days but found some spare time, so thought why not.

Regards Wardog.

BATF1_zpse85a5c1e.jpg

BATF2_zpsfaf8003a.jpg

BATRS_zps0f1d87c1.jpg

BATTOP_zpsb1fd7f3d.jpg

Challenger 2 MBT shown here in a standard Batus camo. dirty and weathered, with added optics and various markings.

Regards Wardog.

Hi Wardog you skins look great.

Not sure if you seen the post regarding the update and its compatibility with 2.6 skins.

Ssnake stated.

I don't think there's one vehicle that hasn't received a visual facelift. For some it'll be more obvious than for others, and there are probably a few "medium-old" 3D models of less frequently used vehicles where the 3D model itself wasn't touched, and just some new textures added; in those cases the old diffuse texture of a mod could still work.

Might as well upload 'em anyway. I'm sure there will be a few people who don't upgrade immediately and they could still use them for sure. And if they turn out to be compatible...well, they'll already be available.

When I first joined this forum in Nov. of 2008, I was still downloading content for SB1! :)

Yeh fair one, will complete and upload at a later date mate. Roll on the update/upgrade, hell im like a kid waiting for xmas here lol.

I will still use your skins on my other machine it wont be powerful enough for the update.So Again thanks. they are really cool skins.

just wanted to let you know what Ssnake said.

Thanks Crusty, i've uploaded the new file with 2 different versions. If they are not compatible after the update i could do them again when i have the time, no big deal really. An internal compartment for the chally would be great but i'm not expecting it though, although a major player like the chally deserves one imho, either way roll on the update.

Hi there

great skins. Two points of detail you might wish to correct: the Callsign you have is 36 where as in real life both numbers wouldnt exceed 4 ie 44 is the highest numbers used. Also there would normally be white lines on the turret depicting 45 degree arcs. One should be able to google an image to confirm their placement.

Irish

Yep thats the one.

You wouldnt normally see them on a green and black tank, likewise the BATUS paint scheme without the 45s painted on them is a good indicator that they are Demo Sqn tanks.

In addition, normally, BATUS tanks do not have any formation signs as they are handed over between various units from differing brigades etc.

Irish