WIP Strv122

Kingtiger

1-1.jpg

In action

2-1.jpg

Hunting....

3-1.jpg

Rear turret. Grousers and a lock on a hatch.

4.jpg

Rear part, Zipuli has been so kind and helped me rework the rear so it looks like a 122 instead of a Leo2A5DK.

5.jpg

Same goes for here, the stuff on the engine deck wasnt on right places so 122_TC have helped me pointing out where to move it. a note is that the rectangle box on the right side doesnt exist on the 122 so it messes it up a bit.

/Kingtiger

Thanks guys!

turns out that box is a APU...but we dont have em on our 122s :confused:

The skin will include a camo rooftop as well so you dont have to look on the danish camo when playing with it!

and the reg plate is 122_TCs vehicle ;)

some WIP on the Turret file:

122INT_2.jpg

122INT_1.jpg

If you wonder what that white tape stripe is ahead of the TC and loader place its the NBC warning tape, it change colours when Chemical warstuff hits the papper, thereby warning the crew its time to get kinky in their gas masks :sonic:

A "fucker" here is that if you look down on the chassi of the tank it uses the Leo2A5DK.dds skin... so dont do it :P

I'm not into modding, but I love this skin! Please, Ssnake, can this be incorporated into the summer update? Please, please, please?:grin:

Calm down :P

its a skin only, you can replace it anytime you want.

you have something called "mod folders" in your esimgames folder in your documents on your computer (allot of your there)

in the mod folder you have : SOUND and TEXTURE

SOUND is self-explanatory...

in TEXTURE you have:

Autumn - put skins here wich you want to view when you play with a autumn scene.

Desert - Desert skins in here!

Winter - You guessed it, winter skins in here

Woodland - this is the DEFAULT theme in SB, so 90% of the scenarios you will play is Woodland so put your "normal" skin in here.

TIS - Thermal images. I have never tryed if it worked so no clue

Sky - Sky, change the sky, there is a tread about it somewhere.

Camo - this is the grunt section, dont drop any vehicle skins in here

Destroyed - destroyed vehicles, not in use yet.

If you have Steelbeasts Pro PE your skins should be in format .BMP and if you have the Beta your skins should be in .DDS format (dds is quicker to load and is default in beta)

So for example my skin is a strv122 and is named strv122.dds, if you drop this skin in -> Documents\Esimgames\mods\Woodland it will show up ingame.

Its when we are talking 3D stuff that it has to be implemented by Esimgames, this is just the skins we are repainting, "the clothes" so to say so it doesnt need esimgames hand over it to work :)

Go here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/255

and start finding skins you like for your vehicles :)

/KT

You said, and I've noticed, that the Leo2A5 texture/model is shown from the roof/commander view. Anyways, on to my question or thought.

Would it involve alot of work in converting this texture to fit the Leo2A5 model? In roof view, you can see the Leo2A5 and it's texture. So what if it (the Leo2A5) was painted as a Strv 122, that would strenghten the overall feel of using the Strv 122 as you wouldn't see German camo (an example, as I am using a German texture for the Leo2A5 at the moment) but you'd see a more "suitable" camo for the Strv 122.

If it doesn't involve too much work, is this something you could consider doing?

You said, and I've noticed, that the Leo2A5 texture/model is shown from the roof/commander view. Anyways, on to my question or thought.

Would it involve alot of work in converting this texture to fit the Leo2A5 model? In roof view, you can see the Leo2A5 and it's texture. So what if it (the Leo2A5) was painted as a Strv 122, that would strenghten the overall feel of using the Strv 122 as you wouldn't see German camo (an example, as I am using a German texture for the Leo2A5 at the moment) but you'd see a more "suitable" camo for the Strv 122.

If it doesn't involve too much work, is this something you could consider doing?

I have actually already done a LEO2A5DK skin into swedish 122, I thought I uploaded it here but its not.. (long time ago you see) but there was some difference in colours anyway.

When I got time I will launch my leo2A5dk templates and see if I still have that one, if so I will just fix the colours and then upload it so you can have ewerything true swedish.

If not it will take some longer time, Leo2A5dk and 122 templates have much in common but there is some changes so it would be a project after the 122 is finished.

/KT

• 3 weeks later...

Ok the wip is uploaded

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/301/p13_fileid/1564

Ive lost motivation to skin for the moment, to good weather outside nowadays (thanks global warming) so sitting indoor and skining is not what I want to do right now :debile2:

But the skin is good enough to use meanwhile, feel free to explore it and bring out points and errors on it.

/KT