LNoT - 08 JUN 13

Gibsonm

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So 0300 - 1500 local and I wonder why my wife rolls her eyes! ;)

Thanks to:

- Duke and the rest of the PzBtl911 group for letting us use their server and Internet.

- The guys from BG ANZAC for coming along and fleshing out the group with Australian voices.

- The rest of the community for devoting a slab of time to me giving my scenarios a hit out,

- and obliquely (and probably not supported by all) to Ssnake for finding a reason to delay Ver 3.0 by a few weeks so our old friend 2.654 could have a decent send off!

Duke(911) had to go but he will post the full server AAR files here in the next day or so.

Hope you all enjoyed it (whether you made it through one mission or all four). :)

P.S.: I'll clean Mission 4 up (remove those surplus events, etc.) and post a "Director's Cut" - if there's a need.

Oh and don't forget the BLING!!!!

Servus,

If you played 1-3 missions:ADF+campagne+ribbon+1-3+missions.png

If you played all missions: ADF+campagne+ribbon+4+missions.png

best regards

Duke

Edited by Gibsonm

Tested with LNoT ANZAC mission3:

When the BTN Com load plan on his machine, it's ok, everybody see units adjustements.

But when he send it to Blue ("Sent All To... Blue"), part of the map graphics (the ones that are South of Hunter River) and deployement zones, disapear on all client, but the BTN Com

Yes I'm not sure if Ssnake will fix this bug in 2.654 now (so close to the swap over) but he maybe interested in case it can be stamped out for Ver 3.0.

So 0300 - 1500 local and I wonder why my wife rolls her eyes! ;)

Thanks to:

- Duke and the rest of the PzBtl911 group for letting us use their server and Internet.

- The guys from BG ANZAC for coming along and fleshing out the group with Australian voices.

- The rest of the community for devoting a slab of time to me giving my scenarios a hit out,

- and obliquely (and probably not supported by all) to Ssnake for finding a reason to delay Ver 3.0 by a few weeks so our old friend 2.654 could have a decent send off!

Duke(911) had to go but he will post the full server AAR files here in the next day or so.

Hope you all enjoyed it (whether you made it through one mission or all four). :)

P.S.: I'll clean Mission 4 up (remove those surplus events, etc.) and post a "Director's Cut" - if there's a need.

Oh and don't forget the BLING!!!!

Yes, epic 9.5 hours of tanking for me (missions 1 through 3). Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen and participated but especially Gibsonm for the months' of effort pulling the thing together, from concept through scenarios, staffing lists, orders and general corralling and encouragement!

:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

Yeah thanks for 2 good scenarios before my eyes needed some shut eye time!

Got to do some proper CSS work in both missions, First one was a wee bit busy for my poor ambulance who had work to do on both sides of the map!

Also, its nice to use Australian/Commonwealth C/S structure, new challenge but I like the variation from the standard format (or the swedish one!)

/KT

Also, its nice to use Australian/Commonwealth C/S structure, new challenge but I like the variation from the standard format (or the swedish one!)

/KT

Hey KT, you should visit us at BG ANZAC from time to time if you need a Aussie/Kiwi fix. It could always be an exchange where we get to learn about your structure ect.

Cheers, Tac197

Hey KT, you should visit us at BG ANZAC from time to time if you need a Aussie/Kiwi fix. It could always be an exchange where we get to learn about your structure ect.

Cheers, Tac197

The cool way would be to do that officially(on duty) and let the state pay for a trip to australia...but one would have to be REALY convincing :-P

The cool way would be to do that officially(on duty) and let the state pay for a trip to australia...but one would have to be REALY convincing :-P

That would be cool...why don't you drop in as well Grenny, the more the merry.

I would like to learn more about 2A5 and the Marder.

Cheers, Tac197

I have tried to, problem is that you play at 10 am my time, and as I work night shift i'm asleep at that time :/

But thanks for the offer :)

/KT

What they all said! Thanks to Mark for all of his hard work in putting this LNOT together: probably the best-briefed exercise we've seen. Regret not being able to finish up the last two missions. I look forward to watching all four AARs.

BTW, congratulations to our Mission 2 Echelon (Kingtiger) for quickly dealing with the enemy heliborne insertion. By the time my platoon got there, the echelon had sorted out four helicopters (with, quaintly, Canadian markings!) and pretty much dealt with the few enemy personnel that got on the ground. Very quick and effective reaction: well done!

And a general "Well done, everyone!" This LNoT was first rate! :thumbup: :luxhello: :drink:

Great night. Its a pitty that couldnt do the fourth mission.

I regret having to report two defections in mission two due to extreme boredom.

Ah well if they got bored participating in a "3 Up" Battle Group attack there probably isn't anything I can do to help.

The reality is that everybody isn't busy all the time in RL and hence why there was an option for people to jump into the more busy units to either just see what was going on or (having first sought permission from the owner) help out.

Having said that I'll get the MPs to start searching for them. :)

Link to the "cleaned up" Mission 4:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19518131/Mission4_Attack%20-%202_654%20LNOT13.sce

Just be wary though that the published Mission 4 "plan" file may or may not work with this one (the name and deployment is that same, I just removed some surplus events - but I don't know if that is enough to break the plan file).

Well the time I ran part of this before (Mar 2011, with 2.5X I think) those post and rail wooden fences were a major obstacle.

Just ask Zipuli, Tacbat or Kingtiger:

loved the scenario and the map (well, minus fences).

ASLAVs would suffer major damage (vehicle and crews) if they hit them too fast and APCs also had "fun" trying to negotiate them.

Indeed after Mission 2, I decided to delay completing the series until the model improved (that plus hosting it from here was a nightmare in terms of lag - refer the picture of the T-80 in the "hover" thread).

Thankfully 2.6X adjusted the damage model.

I did note in Mission 4 that my tank troop (I finally got to shoot at something) just milled around when it encountered these, instead of just smashing through. :)

I resorted to manually driving each vehicle through the fence line, regrouping and giving a Troop move to the next and then doing the manual driving again at the next fence line.

What they all said! Thanks to Mark for all of his hard work in putting this LNOT together: probably the best-briefed exercise we've seen. Regret not being able to finish up the last two missions. I look forward to watching all four AARs.

BTW, congratulations to our Mission 2 Echelon (Kingtiger) for quickly dealing with the enemy heliborne insertion. By the time my platoon got there, the echelon had sorted out four helicopters (with, quaintly, Canadian markings!) and pretty much dealt with the few enemy personnel that got on the ground. Very quick and effective reaction: well done!

And a general "Well done, everyone!" This LNoT was first rate! :thumbup: :luxhello: :drink:

OI! Who shot down the Hind? Huh? :)

I was defending my Sam Sites with a Bushmaster GPMG as well, you know.

(Shame I didn't have SPGs in the area, They would have swatted a hovering Huey, no trouble. (155mm AA gun) Last time, Guns handled it with more spectacular results. :P)

I would also like to draw one's attention to the ARH Tigres scoring the first LNOT Air to Air Kill(s)

Main obstacles to ARH operations were um, obstacles.

(Buildings and Rivers mainly)

Well the time I ran part of this before (Mar 2011, with 2.5X I think) those post and rail wooden fences were a major obstacle.

Just ask Zipuli, Tacbat or Kingtiger:

ASLAVs would suffer major damage (vehicle and crews) if they hit them too fast and APCs also had "fun" trying to negotiate them.

Indeed after Mission 2, I decided to delay completing the series until the model improved (that plus hosting it from here was a nightmare in terms of lag - refer the picture of the T-80 in the "hover" thread).

Thankfully 2.6X adjusted the damage model.

I did note in Mission 4 that my tank troop (I finally got to shoot at something) just milled around when it encountered these, instead of just smashing through. :)

I resorted to manually driving each vehicle through the fence line, regrouping and giving a Troop move to the next and then doing the manual driving again at the next fence line.

Think maybe they are conscious of law suits from irate farmers?