LNoT - 08 JUN 13

Gibsonm

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ACK. Thx. Working on the trace. Will there be slots for inf pl comds, or are the pls working dir with the tps throughout? Might be useful to regp the inf pls into a coy-sized org at some time, but that might be a bit much for one player. Just asking'!:)

Well there are slots for three Inf PL commanders (I21, I22 and I23).

There is also an Infantry Major (the "Inf OC" vacancy) who hopefully will have three platoon commanders working for him (depends on who signs up).

But at the moment where there is double up the Inf support the Cav (hence my earlier comment that you as the Sqn 2IC - a CAPT may need to go forward and get the two LTs to work together)

There is scope for independent Inf operations too (where the PLs work by themselves) - again a function of attendance.

Well not quite, should be 19A for the pedants. ;)

He doesn't need a prefix as he isn't a "visitor" like the Infantry guys.

But this changes in mission 2 when the Infantry BG is being supported.

Ack, just waiting in the Toronto airport bored and posting shit:diable:, sound like a awesome mission:), hope the army doesn't throw me a fastball on that date.:decu::decu:

Well there are slots for three Inf PL commanders (I21, I22 and I23).

There is also an Infantry Major (the "Inf OC" vacancy) who hopefully will have three platoon commanders working for him (depends on who signs up).

But at the moment where there is double up the Inf support the Cav (hence my earlier comment that you as the Sqn 2IC - a CAPT may need to go forward and get the two LTs to work together)

There is scope for independent Inf operations too (where the PLs work by themselves) - again a function of attendance.

ACK, my bad. I hit the "COMMAND AND SIGNALS - Command – Myself, Sqn OC, Infantry OC, Sqn 2IC, Sqn Tech Offr, 1 TP, 2 TP, 3 TP and 4 TP" in the orders, and missed the follow-on post.

ACK, my bad. I hit the "COMMAND AND SIGNALS - Command – Myself, Sqn OC, Infantry OC, Sqn 2IC, Sqn Tech Offr, 1 TP, 2 TP, 3 TP and 4 TP" in the orders, and missed the follow-on post.

That just meant I didn't trust the grunts to run the thing. :)

There are taskings for the three Inf PLs further up in the body of the orders (between 14 and 15). :)

Could I stick my hand up for a gun aslav in Tp14 or I can help out with the CSS Tp15 depending on what the needs are?

Cheers

Sure,

If KT can't make it (or if he wants to blow stuff up, instead of fixing it) happy for you and Tango29 to run the echelon.

I will take Cav or Inf OC.

Gave you the Cav role, if that's OK?

Its the more senior one and directs the overall mission (it used to be just Sqn job but then I added Infantry for the towns and to give some more command slot, so then I needed an Inf OC and then I needed a BG CO to keep to two OCs in line ... ). :)

I see what I can do with the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter Element.

They will be 2nd priority after the UAV.

The UAV should be more than enough though.

It packs more firepower than a Spectre Gunship!

TIS + LRF + Radio = 12 X 155mm howitzers that can see in the dark!!

(PzH 2000s as well)

I'm happy to potter around the sky designating my own (Enemy) targets and obliterating them.

:biggrin:

TIS + LRF + Radio = 12 X 155mm howitzers that can see in the dark!!

(PzH 2000s as well)

The OPORD reads:

"3 TPs of two guns each from 8/12 Medium Regiment, RAA in Direct Support"

Since when does 3 x 2 = 12 ?!!?

and you wonder why we are afraid when the guy doing the "technical" job isn't across his three times table? :o

The OPORD reads:

"3 TPs of two guns each from 8/12 Medium Regiment, RAA in Direct Support"

and you wonder why we are afraid when the guy doing the "technical" job isn't across his three times table? :o

I uh, missed that bit :redface: :)

In the UK? Since about 1965. In fact, the answer to 3 x 2 (and all other tricky multiplication questions) has been. 'Anything you want it to be. And please don't criticise the kids - it's bad for their self esteem. Same for grammar and spelling - correction just cramps their creative development'. :(