Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I request that all who have showed interest to date register their view (for or against) on that poll so I can make an informed decision as to whether this will proceed or not before too much work is done on:

skins

briefings

graphics

staff lists

etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully everybody here is aware of the potential clash of LNoT with the release date of Ver 3.0?

If you aren't then please read here and vote:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19053

Now as I live in a world where contingency planning is the norm, what do we do if the product is released on say the 6th or 7th?

Option 1: Scrap this LNoT as soon as that announcement is confirmed.

This will save a bunch of people doing a bunch of work for something that will be either poorly attended or be disappointing because it doesn't have the new gear (or worse doesn't work because the 2.654 scenarios somehow break when opened in 3.0).

As I mentioned in the poll thread, this does carry the risk though that we shut LNoT down based on a "early June" release date but then in "early June" Ssnake announces that due to some major issue, the release date is pushed back to say "early July".

Such an announcement would probably be made just before the "early June" date and leave us no time to resurrect the LNoT package for the 8th.

Option 2: Ask people to attend LNoT but delay their upgrading to 3.0 until afterwards.

I guess there will be a devoted few who would do this (esp. as 3.0 with all the good will in the world will have faults and require 3.01 or something). But I suspect we would still have some who would be unable to join the 2.654 Server Session because they have inadvertantly updated to 3.0.

Option 3: Run it as a 2.654 event, encourage people to buy 3.0 but install it in a different directory and use the 2.654 copy for LNoT.

It also means that the 2.654 Server software would be ready whereas past experience suggests that the 3.0 Server software would come out some days after the client version.

This is very workable (I think I have 12 or so different versions on my home machine that all work well with each other). It would require people to use a little care in the installation process and pick a new location for the ver 3.0 copy.

Then post LNoT you can bin 2.654 or if 3.0 is really "broken" (hope not) you still have 2.654 on your machine to go on with while 3.0 is "fixed".

Personally I prefer Option 3, but we'd need everybody here who has registered interest to date to follow it otherwise it wont work (or at least they would be excluded).

Feedback?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I prefer Option 3, but we'd need everybody here who has registered interest to date to follow it otherwise it wont work (or at least they would be excluded).

Feedback?

I Like option three.

On reflection. it seems a little unfair for those who have no interest in joining LNoT.

For the update release to be delayed.If all goes well and the update is released on the 8th.

I would have done option 3 anyway.I don't have any issues using 2.6 for the event

As you stated it will proberly run smoother on 2.6

Link to post
Share on other sites
Personally I prefer Option 3, but we'd need everybody here who has registered interest to date to follow it otherwise it wont work (or at least they would be excluded).

Feedback?

I Like option three.

On reflection. it seems a little unfair for those who have no interest in joining LNoT.

For the update release to be delayed.If all goes well and the update is released on the 8th.

I would have done option 3 anyway.I don't have any issues using 2.6 for the event

As you stated it will proberly run smoother on 2.6

Option 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Please delay the release until after the LNot. As a BG ANZAC Member we are really looking forward to being a part of an event based around our region and show it off to the rest of the SB community.

Tac

You can rest assured that there is a hard core of LNoT supporters in the community

Who would not miss the event. Come what may

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is now a mute point?

From here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=232904#post232904 (post #12)

I am very sorry, but the (nearly) unthinkable has happened: We discovered a serious issue mere days before the feature freeze that needs to be addressed, and it'll take four additional weeks to fix it. This is very unfortunate, but we figured that you would wait a month longer for SB Pro 3.0 rather than to get a half-baked SB Pro PE 2.95 instead.

So, Independence Day it shall be!

(That's July 4th, for you non-'murricans)

Unless of course, he was joking. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Now, this will probably be a statement of the most excruciatingly blindingly obvious, but...I assume that we're still good to go for LNoT 8 Jun 13 with the current SB version. Nothing heard on this since 24 April, so thought I'd be the bobbing, weaving target...! :biggrin:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes still "on".

I just wanted to send out sizeable / useful stabs of information rather than trickle feed.

However I'll send out some stuff later today of a general nature.

Rgr. Thx for the update. Looking forward to the msns! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...