Ribbons

profevil

As more and more ribbons are being used its hard to keep track of what they actually have been rewarded for, so here is a attempt to remedy that. I will probably not find all so any help would be appreciated.

Long Night of Tanks 06th Apr 2013: "Operation Iraqi Freedom"

A series of games hosted by 911.

attachment.php?attachmentid=18345&d=1357632929 Ribbon for all who played 1,2 or 3 missions

attachment.php?attachmentid=18346&d=1357632930

For players that played all missions.

Long Night of Tanks 061800Zoct12:

A series of games hosted by 911.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17669&d=1349708814 For use by all participants of LNoT 061800Zoct12.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17670&d=1349708814 For use by those that particepated all the 10 hrs.

Operation Variable 3 (OV3):

For those members of the community who particiapted in at least one OPV3 mission. The ribbon is the standard Opertaion Variable insignia, with a black "3" on a while background to represent the third campaign in this series, and that it was fought during the winter time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11651&stc=1&d=1363417108

Nordic Battlegroup ( NBG III "Challenge is our life"):

attachment.php?attachmentid=11509&stc=1&d=1360448022

Edited by profevil

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

If one can click on your awards next to your screen name, why not at least be able to highlight the ribbons with the cursor? Come on folks, there SHOULD be a sense of pride in displaying your campaign ribbons. Else what would be the point of even displaying them?

Now, about rank and promotions...:bigsmile:

Just kidding:clin:

If one can click on your awards next to your screen name, why not at least be able to highlight the ribbons with the cursor? Come on folks, there SHOULD be a sense of pride in displaying your campaign ribbons. Else what would be the point of even displaying them?

Now, about rank and promotions...:bigsmile:

Just kidding:clin:

Firstly any chance we can continue this back on the Wish List thread where it started?

This is meant to be just a list of what the ribbons are as a reference, not a place to discuss ribbons.

As to the query though - you are talking about two different things.

The icons near your userid are "awarded" and built into the website so they can be dynamic.

The ones in your signature block (down the bottom) are just a JPEG containing images. These aren't dynamic, in fact IIRC corrrectly having an animated signature item is illegal.

As for ranks, no thanks.

• 5 months later...

I was curious about the ribbons on the bottom of some folk's posts. I used the search engine and this was the only thread that I could find on it. And I tried searching in the Wish List, but the search engine was no help and that is way too many posts to read every one. Sooooo....I find out the ribbons are given to those who complete/compete in online events. How about those of us that don't want to play online? I get enough online gaming with WOT. More than enough, actually. :wink2: I came to SB because it offers offline play. But I see no awards or decorations for offline play. What's up with that? :confused:

Ribbons are something we as a community came up with after some campaigns. It is in no way affiliated with Esimgames.

And it's totally voluntary to use the ribbons (I don't for example).

So keeping track of Online campaigns are easy, because each individual do it themself. Offline ribbons do not exist as nobody can keep track of what you do offline and Esim are not "connected" to the ribbons at all.

So if you want to do an signatur with an offline ribbon on it, go ahead :)

/KT

Ribbons are something we as a community came up with after some campaigns. It is in no way affiliated with Esimgames.

And it's totally voluntary to use the ribbons (I don't for example).

So keeping track of Online campaigns are easy, because each individual do it themself. Offline ribbons do not exist as nobody can keep track of what you do offline and Esim are not "connected" to the ribbons at all.

So if you want to do an signatur with an offline ribbon on it, go ahead :)

/KT

Nahhh...not when it's that meaningless. I can't be bothered. I have enough real ribbons from when I was in the military. You know what they say about ribbons/medals...put them all in a hat and add $.50 and they will get you a cup of coffee.:wink2: