LNoT and PE 3.0 (poll)

Ssnake

Delay the release by a weekend, if it is June 8/9th?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Delay the release by a weekend, if it is June 8/9th?

• Are ye crazy? Gimmegimmegimmegimme!
    • Let's celebrate farewell to 2.6 with an uninterrupted LNoT

• Members

Assuming that there was a situation when eSim Games is confronted with the choice to release SB Pro PE on or shortly before the LNoT weekend, or to wait until the following Monday, what's your opinion?

(Not saying that the poll results are binding ... but still, I'd like to know the collective wisdom)

Well June starts on a Saturday so arguably the 8th is the end of the first week.

I'd prefer a delay of 24hrs so we know we can get LNoT done and then look forward to 3.0 soon after.

From a selfish point of view, I'd prefer not to go through all the admin, scenario work, briefings, etc. just to find out it was released on say the morning of the 8th, when 24hrs later all would be fine.

So I guess my vote is delay.

If the response here is overwhelming then maybe we just cancel the LNoT event (but of course that then runs the risk that on the 7th you discovery an issue and its delayed to say the 15th anyway).

But that's just one vote in a non binding poll. :)

LNoT = Long Night of Tanks.

Several posts in the multiplayer area such as:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19031

and before that:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=18684

and before that:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16906

Oh and the Search function brings up a bunch of responses if you key "LNoT" in.

LNoT shouldn't even be a factor.

Seriously, the only fair way is to release it when it's ready. That has always been eSim's way, and it's a good way.

Those who are participating in LNoT are not compelled to install 3.x until they have given 2.654 its "sendoff." Plan the event with the current version, and execute it with same.

Why should we who cannot take part be compelled to wait longer?

I don't intend to make this a MP v. Single Player thing, but it seems pretty simple to me.

LNoT shouldn't even be a factor.

Seriously, the only fair way is to release it when it's ready. That has always been eSim's way, and it's a good way.

Those who are participating in LNoT are not compelled to install 3.x until they have given 2.654 its "sendoff." Plan the event with the current version, and execute it with same.

Why should we who cannot take part be compelled to wait longer?

I don't intend to make this a MP v. Single Player thing, but it seems pretty simple to me.

Exactly.

Servus,

If i only knew what LNoT is , i could vote myself.

Are you Private Joker?

Found this Thread of you: 31th of Jan 2012

I,ve been playing online alot lately but one thing i,ve noticed is that there are never more then 10 to 12 people on teamspeak to play around with , half of them only speak spanish so most of the time i play with the guys from 3rd armour division and from time to time with Sbgenerals . I know there are events like TGIF and such that draw more people but since i,m from The Netherlands that would mean that i would have to play at 0400 in the morning . How come there are no events more oriented for the European community? Is it because the community in general is just simply to small in the first place? As it is now it just depends on the people online what will be played and since the latest upgrade i rarely ever played with more then 6 players if there are enought people in the first place . What happened to the mass online games i used to play with the generals and the german community in the good old days?

Also the lack of the abilty to enter a game in progress adds to the fact that when one does come online he must wait for the game to finish before being able to join , i think this also adds to the reluctance to stick around on TS

We played:

TF Azur: 18:00 GMT

TF Scipio: 18:00 GMT (LNoT June 2012)

Ukko`s Hammer: 18:00 GMT

Reforger 1985: 18:00 GMT (LNoT Oktober 2012)

NBG I: 18:00 GMT

H2H BW against RU: 18:00 GMT

NBG II: 18:00 GMT

NBG III: 18:00 GMT

Operation Iraqi Freedom: 18:00 GMT (LNoT April 2013)

You have to change your art of search.

best regards

Duke