Stratos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

SB1 had excellent consistency in graphics quality that I miss every now and again.

...which was because SB1 didn't have hundreds of vehicles in it. It is very easy to keep things consistent when the content is kept at a low level. SB1 had about what, 15 vehicles in it and all of them had very little detail. ;)

On map artillery. That would bring the need to move the artillery units (to get in range, to avoid counterbattery fire) and also restrictions on available ammunition per type. Hedge would have more to do in COOP missions ;)

**Drools contentedly**

Destructible buildings (All of them!!)

Nothing like blasting away the enemy's cover with a 155mm howitzer in gun mode. :nuke:

Easy-select vehicle skin and bumper numbers. Essentially rework how the mods are used in the game where one could select in the editor "M1A2 SEP - desert pattern" or "M113 - OD green" etc, for each vehicle/unit as well as easily editable bumper numbers and markings to include importable markings.

I imagine this would go along with variable scenario seasons/weather: spring, summer, fall, winter in conjunction with snow, heavy snow, snow on the ground, raining, fog, etc.

Maybe that counts as two, apologies.

Easy-select vehicle skin and bumper numbers. Essentially rework how the mods are used in the game where one could select in the editor "M1A2 SEP - desert pattern" or "M113 - OD green" etc, for each vehicle/unit as well as easily editable bumper numbers and markings to include importable markings.

I imagine this would go along with variable scenario seasons/weather: spring, summer, fall, winter in conjunction with snow, heavy snow, snow on the ground, raining, fog, etc.

Maybe that counts as two, apologies.

Theme in the Mission editor, does this already.

Summer Winter Autumn

Not the first part of the "single feature".

I think he's after each vehicle to have the relevant call sign painted on it.

That way in the 3D world you could tell which vehicle is meant to be which as opposed to them all looking exactly the same as they do now.

Not sure how workable that is though.

I don't either- whose ID scheme would it be based on? US Marines don't use the same system as the US Army, which although follows certain guidelines, can also differ from unit to unit.

Then if you wanted to simulate countries which use their own esoteric system or which use a different alphabet, maybe I lack imagination, but it seems less than practical.

Tell my gunner to "cease fire" in a way that won't cease the entire platoon from firing.

Especially when the AI gunner does this:

(Lazes target) "On the way!" (dumps lead and doesn't fire),

If you don't take over the gunner he'll just keep going forever! It's nuts!

Dust, rain, snow, mud and other things on my optics from nearby explosions or atmospherics obscuring my view from time to time or constantly..

I wonder if such weather conditions would effect a thermal viewer in the real world.

IE. very heavy rain /snow/ fog.most vehicle now have wiper blades on the sights.

And possible some type of heater to stop the sights freezing and fogging.

56e83cdfca6f8_(KGrHqR!roF!9ZGzDN8BQkPuGG

56e83cdfca6f8_(KGrHqR!roF!9ZGzDN8BQkPuGG

What Zipuli said, Thermal is even affected by the amount of humidity in the air. On two separate days, with identical clear skies and temperature, one with 80% humidity, and the other 30%, I'll see farther and more clearly be able to identify targets with my thermal imaging systems when the humidity is lower. Sometimes you can see things visually (Like a distant cell phone tower) with the naked eye, that the thermal can't because of high humidity.

For more info on thermal's and how they are affected, you can check out the brochure here:

http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/ENG_01_howfar.pdf

It explains things in terms that most will understand.

What Zipuli said, Thermal is even affected by the amount of humidity in the air. On two separate days, with identical clear skies and temperature, one with 80% humidity, and the other 30%, I'll see farther and more clearly be able to identify targets with my thermal imaging systems when the humidity is lower. Sometimes you can see things visually (Like a distant cell phone tower) with the naked eye, that the thermal can't because of high humidity.

For more info on thermal's and how they are affected, you can check out the brochure here:

http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/ENG_01_howfar.pdf

It explains things in terms that most will understand.

Very interesting.

Thanks for the link

I remember reading the Indian Army had issues with the T_90's thermal viewer

Due to high temperatures in some regions.