Consolation prize No. 1

Ssnake

...you can create a waypoint with a common route and then all you need to do is plot the short initial movement to the waypoint and whatever happens at the end, in between the units will follow the "common" route that you have set up.

That's my preferred method. And one can plot several possible routes before mission start to speed things up as well. Usually, I'll wait 'til the units are at or near the end WP and then send each to their own BP.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anybody's interested

I recommend looking at these videos. if your thinking of delving in to mission editing.

It is very satisfying when you put the effort in and a mission goes well.

Theres is a bit to it but you don't need to be a brain surgeon either.

just start by altering an existing mission and work your way up . Some are password protected and its considered Good protocol to ask first via a PM. if some one from the community designed The mission

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=steel+beasts+editing&rlz=1C1SVED_enIE514IE514&aq=f&um=1&ie=UTF-8&gl=IE&sa=N&tab=w1

Um you do know you can copy routes from one unit to another and just adjust it?

Also you can create a waypoint with a common route and then all you need to do is plot the short initial movement to the waypoint and whatever happens at the end, in between the units will follow the "common" route that you have set up.

That's what I do in the planning stage when I'm in charge of a number of units. Hadn't occurred to me to do that in the execution phase for some reason. :frown:

Hedge can fully educate me on Sunday. :)

• Members

Technically its 48, except that not all of them have crew positions. If you only count those with crew positions (which isn't quite fair because the others still have a tactical effect) it's 28, of which four are already in SB Pro 2.6 but didn't come with crew positions yet. IMO, that turns them into something totally new, as far as the player experience is concerned (always, of course, depending on the level of detail with which the crew positions are modeled).

...those with crew positions [...] of which four are already in SB Pro 2.6 but didn't come with crew positions yet.

[crossed fingers]

Please let one of them be the Marder, please let one of them be the Marder...

[/crossed fingers]

Seriously, though: that's awesome news! Thanks, Ssnake & eSim! :remybussi:

Technically its 48, except that not all of them have crew positions. If you only count those with crew positions (which isn't quite fair because the others still have a tactical effect) it's 28, of which four are already in SB Pro 2.6 but didn't come with crew positions yet. IMO, that turns them into something totally new, as far as the player experience is concerned (always, of course, depending on the level of detail with which the crew positions are modeled).

wow 48 :shocked:

[crossed fingers]

Please let one of them be the Marder, please let one of them be the Marder...

[/crossed fingers]

Same, Marder would be fantastic to see :)