PlayableMBT's

12Alfa

Which tankwould pick to be playable?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which tankwould pick to be playable?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it would be a good defensive tank.

Small Target with a long ranged ATGM, (And it can take Hellfire hits to the front)

But presumably, CMIIW (just made up that acronym but I'm sure you can work it out ) it was designed as a conventional Warsaw Pact attacker?

I reckon it would be a good defensive tank.

Small Target with a long ranged ATGM, (And it can take Hellfire hits to the front)

slow reverse gear and limited depression talks against the T-80 as a defensive tank,

since it's harder to both find a good hull-down position, go turret down while reloading and shift battle positions.

good points however, is the uniform frontal protection, the hull is almost as strong as the turret, and this uniform protection is maintained over a 60 degree arc, which makes it a good attack tank, as long as the enemy doesn't have ammunition that can penetrate the stronger portions of the armour.

FIRE CONTROL

FCS Name: FCS 1A42

Main Gun Stabilization: 2E42, 2-plane

Rangefinder: Laser

Infrared Searchlight: Yes

Sights w/Magnification:

Gunner:

Day: 1G46/Perfect, 3.6/12x

Acquisition Range (m): 5,000 (85%P-hit for ATGM)

Night: Agava-2

Acquisition Range (m): 2,600 (gun rounds only)

Commander Fire Main Gun: Yes

Here is more on the T-80U.

Steel Beasts did come out around the time Microprose/Hasbro gave the ax to Tank Platoon. A game that would have been a nice tank/helo combined arms sim.

I wonder to this day if there is much of game held on some hard drive that can be picked up from Hasbro and finished by the community. If for no other reason then spite. :diable:

Those 90s sims had such a great feel to them. Great memories being a kid in the 90s. Good lord if we could just somehow move SB into the framework that m1tp2 had with that dynamic campaign etc.. The perfect ground sim.

Steel Beasts did come out around the time Microprose/Hasbro gave the ax to Tank Platoon. A game that would have been a nice tank/helo combined arms sim.

I wonder to this day if there is much of game held on some hard drive that can be picked up from Hasbro and finished by the community. If for no other reason then spite. :diable:

Which one Gunship or M1TP2?

Did some digging the Mission files in M1TP2 are text files.

You can google or have a look on SimHQ about it.