I Can't find the M1A2

Angry.Kid

Hay all. Well I'm new to the world of Steel Beasts and have just bought my copy of Steel Beasts Pro PE. I've been looking at the Program and well I like what I see, But I have a few questions that I wouldn't mind help on.

1. How do I or where do I find the M1A2 Abram? I can't seem to find it in the list of Tanks I have in the tutorials. And I cant seem to find the Hummer ether.

2. Also are there and Missions add-ons for the program?

I've never been very big on Playing on line and would love to have a few stand alone missions or campaign mission if they are about.

Cheers Angry Kid

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Angry,

The M1A2 isn't in the list of Tutorials as its not "playable", i.e. you can't be a driver, gunner or Crew Commander in it, just watch from outside (F8 view).

M1A1 (HA) is currently* the best crewable M1.

* Unconfirmed rumour has it that this may change on 4th of July when ver 3.0 arrives.

Don't think there is a Tutorial on the HMMWV.

Lots of Missions, skins, etc. in the "Downloads" area.

No "campaigns" per se, but there are several linked missions (look for "Brave Rifles" and that should give you nine that build on each other).

Edited by Gibsonm
changed "can" to "can't" - amazing what 't can do. :)

The M1A2 isn't in the list of Tutorials as its not "playable", i.e. you can't be a driver, gunner or Crew Commander in it, just watch from outside (F8 view).

Don't think there is a Tutorial on the HMMWV.

M1025 HMMWV (M2HB) is in the tank ranges list.

M996 TOW HMMWV is a playable vehicle.

Try using the mission editor, right click on the map

Add New Unit > Tank > M1A2

and/or

Add New Unit > Truck > M1025 HMMWV

and/or

Add New Unit > Other > M996 HMMWV

Click Test, Click Start, Drive Around,.

Won't do much but you can p**s about.

Check elsewhere on these forums about the mission editor, search up on the right, is your friend.

:)

That's not cool, man.
Gibson, that's quite a rumor! Can you elaborate? A2, or SA? :)
Never heard that one before, nice if true. Who or what is the source of the rumor?

I'm just repeating what the rest of you are clamouring for in the what three or four update threads.

Ssnake hasn't said anything about it so its just that, an unconfirmed rumour.

1. How do I or where do I find the M1A2 Abram? I can't seem to find it in the list of Tanks I have in the tutorials.

I thought the same thing to myself when I first started to play around in this simulator :frown:

On a positive note, I'm hoping the rumors are true that M1A2 will be in the next update (what rumors?). Maybe, at least an M1A1 AIM SA. I would love to welcome some 2nd gen thermals!

I don't think anyone has confirmed or denied that any particular vehicle is going to be in the SB update. Better to just wait and see what Ssnake announces over the next months, rather than getting disappointed.

Wait? Wait? That's just so last generation. Next thing you'll be suggesting that people wait until they get home to check their email and pause for thought before broadcasting the first thing that comes into their heads on Twitter. Tut, tut. ;)