Playable M1A2

enigma6584

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

_--__[]KITT;234406']Personally I think the current Steel Beast Pro graphics are adequate. I'm not crazy over new graphics.

What is more needed imo is just physics' date=' you know, bouncing wheels and all :biggrin:[/quote']

I love the grafics update , but i,m hoping for physics and bouncing wheels to make the update radical . But i dont think Will any of these Much wanted features.

I love the grafics update , but i,m hoping for physics and bouncing wheels to make the update radical . But i dont think Will any of these Much wanted features.

Not these, but Your much wanted features... Even in RL, I have never care of bouncing wheels when I engaged targets 3km+ aways...

Well to me Steel Beasts Pro PE is already pretty enough.

What is far more important is gameplay and enhancing realism when feasible. With respect to the later dding physics would increase that.

One of the joy of playing this sim is seeing our tanks in action from 3D exterior or watching other tanks from our scope. Having physics would add to its realism and thus enjoyment imo.

I didn't even mind the infantry sprites then though I can appreciate fully modeled infantry in game.

Well just my 2 cents.

Why don't you wait until more info comes out? Many people were moahning about an M1A2 since the beginning, and now it finally becomes reality. But here we are right away complaining about other stuff... as is usual the case when it comes to a new release I would say.

Btw - did you guys NOTICE that there is a playable M1A2?! There were like 2 positive comments about it so far the rest is concerning "missing" stuff ;)

Why don't you wait until more info comes out? Many people were moahning about an M1A2 since the beginning, and now it finally becomes reality. But here we are right away complaining about other stuff... as is usual the case when it comes to a new release I would say.

Btw - did you guys NOTICE that there is a playable M1A2?! There were like 2 positive comments about it so far the rest is concerning "missing" stuff ;)

Well I'm not complaining :) just wishing there would be physics sometime added in game.

PT0t6BlOrA8

The all mighty bouncing wheels :biggrin:

Like i said in another post , The best is likely yet to come and The new patch Will bring some good stuff indeed . But i,m just hoping the patch Will have some groundbreaking stuff As Well. Yes new playable vehicels and non combatants are very welcome . But Its Nothing we havent seen before really .

Ssnake must have nightmares about bouncing wheels since the topic resurfaces every few years :biggrin:

I'm not demanding it but it's on my wishlist. I know it most probably entails a lot of work if not too much work to be applicable since SB Pro PE is a true sim than a game. :) So all I'm saying I understand.

...that I may have to wait more years for my bouncing wheels:biggrin:. Can't lose hope now can I? :debile2:

_--__[]KITT;234441']Ssnake must have nightmares about bouncing wheels since the topic resurfaces every few years :biggrin:

I'm not demanding it but it's on my wishlist. I know it most probably entails a lot of work if not too much work to be applicable since SB Pro PE is a true sim than a game. :) So all I'm saying I understand.

...that I may have to wait more years for my bouncing wheels:biggrin:. Can't lose hope now can I? :debile2:

To Be honoust , ive Given up The possibilaty of bouncing roadwheels .

Its not high on The list , and it seems there is a whole community that lobby,s for not implement it in favor of other features. Also susspect that Its just to hard to do because of current engine limitations or it would just take up to Much coding time , and is thus shelved for The sake of more other features that take up less time and trouble to flesh an upgrade.

Yeah... right. Look! Physics!

bvqa_v-vgrc#t=0m12s

Cool...I'm just calculating what charge you need to achieve that(lift 50 tonns about 30 meters up).... Nope: not the tank or the surrounding buildings would survive it :-D

• Members
Ok so no physics for SBP.

That's taking it too far. I just wanted to show that badly implemented physics will just replace some known bad behavior in Steel Beasts with unknown, new kinds of bad behavior. You don't just plug in some physics engine, there's a lot of work involved if done right (IOW, not like in Battlefield 3 ... and they had a development team size of maybe 10...25 times as eSim Games'). And a physics engine is actually supposed to SAVE you work by taking care of things like collisions, the flow of fluids, etc.

I don't think you'd be better off with an implementation on the cheap.

• Members

Even without that, I've seen there and in other games tanks flipped over because the gun barrel got stuck on a small tree and other absurdities. The problem always is that they implement a simplified physics model, or that they unleash a full scale physics model on a simplified world. If you don't implement slip in the turret movement, if you treat all trees as rigid bodies, if you don't define forces where they might become uprooted, if you don't differentiate between slow and fast impulse loading, if you don't consider the energy consumption of plastic and elastic material deformations, or the kind of gas flow - solid body interactions that occur during an explosion (which you can't because the time step resolution of a real-time game is not fine enough) ... well, in all these situations you'll get entertaining but not necessarily realistic results.

Here is the 3rd positive comment, it is awesome that there is a playable M1A2!!!!:gun::drink:

+ 1. I've never asked for a MIA2SEP (the British MKV is more my style) but appreciative comments from the M1 lobby are noticeable by their absence.

Stand by for a deluge of moans after the release of 3.0 from those whose pet favourite vehicle/process has NOT been implemented, and not much thanks for several years of very hard work by eSim. But that's (modern) life I guess. :(

Anybody know if a *German* Leopard 2A6 would simply entail a reskin replacing "Si" and "No" with "Ja" and "Nein" along with the other Spanish labels in the Leopardo 2E interior? I know it's nitpicking, but for scenarios involving you in a 2A6 along with 2A5s it does help with immersion.