Playable M1A2

enigma6584

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your posts to the contrary.

IIRC, I think it's just above modeling TOPP high urination and defecation drills in for the 3D infantry.

I didnt start posting about bouncing roadwheels , i just commented one .

But i should of thought twice before even commenting on such a sensative and outrages uterly foolish subject . My bad.

Not exacly to this topic but it is M1A2SEP stuff....

Can somebody tell me, what are the button functions on the SEP commanders grip?

Pic:

pi_19013.jpg

THX!

Top left button controls the target designate function (slews the turret to point where the CITV is looking), the center four-way plus push-button is a courser controller for the Commander's Integrated Display, the far right button controls the CITV magnification levels, and the lower left two-way plus push-button is used to scale the CITV reticule for range estimation.

How the TC control the Turret and the Gun ?

Did it work like a Joystick ?

Just like on other tanks with an independent viewer, in "search mode" the CCHA controls the CITV, once a target is designated the TC controls the gun until he hands off to the gunner by releasing his palm-switch. In fact, the three modes are nearly identical to those of the Leo 2, though I'm sure they'll be replicated differently in the sim. And yes, it's just a big joystick, though much stiffer, with terrible transitions through the center.

Your posts to the contrary.

IIRC, I think it's just above modeling TOPP high urination and defecation drills in for the 3D infantry.

Shouldnt' that be in the angry man's thread?! There's nothing useful in it and it isn't funny either not in the least. I'd say it's almost trolling. Now now Tacbat play nice. There's no need to be upset about the idea of bouncing wheels or having physics in game :). After all we all can dream and to dream is to be hopeful and to be hopeful is to be alive.

For once I'm still hopeful to change you hehe.

_--__[]KITT;234647']Shouldnt' that be in the angry man's thread?! There's nothing useful in it and it isn't funny either not in the least. I'd say it's almost trolling. Now now Tacbat play nice. There's no need to be upset about the idea of bouncing wheels or having physics in game :). After all we all can dream and to dream is to be hopeful and to be hopeful is to be alive.

For once I'm still hopeful to change you hehe.

+1

Bouncing road wheels are meaningless with out the clanks and squeaks that go with those big ole moving tracks.

I respectfully disagree with that argument :wink:. A tank's most discerning feature is the way it travels and it's what makes them so cool to watch. I need not hear them to appreciate them.

I own SB purely for entertainment so any eye candy is quite relevent for me. But I'm no console gamer neither and I fully appreciate SB's dedication to realism. Coming to terms that SB is first and foremost a training program, I consider any eye candy it receives a bonus. It has come a long way in the visual department and with the return of shadows in 3.0, SB has never looked better. :thumbup:

Back On-topic people, thanks.

Could the red two-way plus push button be used for lasing as well when the commander has control of the gun? Is that what the "push" part of the "two-way plus push button" means?

Unfortunately, my info only pertains to the base 'A2, and I'll have to dig out my old manuals to find if it had any function assigned to it.

Back On-topic people, thanks.

Could the red two-way plus push button be used for lasing as well when the commander has control of the gun? Is that what the "push" part of the "two-way plus push button" means?

Yes, Yes two-way laser push button is also used at the stadia reticle for adjust range up or down

Just like on other tanks with an independent viewer, in "search mode" the CCHA controls the CITV, once a target is designated the TC controls the gun until he hands off to the gunner by releasing his palm-switch. In fact, the three modes are nearly identical to those of the Leo 2, though I'm sure they'll be replicated differently in the sim. And yes, it's just a big joystick, though much stiffer, with terrible transitions through the center.

Thank you for details - so it is a stiff thing eh?

Good - atm im having HUGE issues with my own stick - simply i cant figure out how to set it right so that i can aim accurately, as i used to be quite good on my old stick, but now i cant hit a barn on 1000m if i move, it is that bad..

So if that thing is stiff - the i have very realistic set on my own table :biggrin:.

Note to eSim guys: Im hoping we will see some kind of axis response curves and joystick fine tuning in one of incoming upgrades, without it i will have either to get new stick or to switch to mouse aiming. Make upgrade price 100$ if you have to, I will pay, just implement those settings :diable:

Awww look, Oscar and Kitt are friends. How fitting.

Aww don't be so negative, we can be friends too. Well all like tanks. I'm sure you too love seeing how tanks move, sway, bounce even leap on the field(thus adding physics would be great too). But anyway the game is already great as it is so not that we're complaining.

How about we start from being imaginary friends?:biggrin:

You seem to need an emergency hug. Here I send thee a[n imaginary] hug, first one free.:biggrin:

h344D41BC