screenshots 3.0

Stevo

Hmm, the ZSU-57-2 has a max range of 4 Km, and no radar, optics only...

The A-10 has Maverick missiles...

Oh but, I can think of a few other uses for those big ass 57mm guns.

I cant go in to the details. Some would consider it a war crime.LoL

Let the radar controlled cannons on the ZSU-23-4 take care of the warthog.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I could probably do that for a solid week.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIP

BOOMBOOMBOOMBANGBOOMBECHOW!

WOOOSH!

"Bandit 2-6. Gun Run complete. Egressing out. Over!"

"Git yo' ass back here and do it again!"

The A-10s in M1TP2 were a hoot.. especially if they engaged your own troops..
...which, arguably, they also do in real life, occasionally.

Well I think the Warthog's greatest flaw is a lack of ground force tracking gear,

they rely on the JTAC keeping them updated with troop movements.

Also giving the Pilots the Tac Frequencies of the guys they are supporting would be a massive help.

"Put a burst into that Building!"

BZZZIP

"Yeah that's us, target is a click to the north."

They have a Laser designation tracker widget but that's about it I think.

Reckon if they had a FBCB2 map thingy it would help a lot with keeping the pilot in the loop.

It is an exceptionally basic platform, literally a jet powered.

Hawker Typhoon/P47 Thunder Bolt/Ju87 Stuka/IL-2

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIP

BOOMBOOMBOOMBANGBOOMBECHOW!

WOOOSH!

"Bandit 2-6. Gun Run complete. Egressing out. Over!"

"Git yo' ass back here and do it again!"

Well I think the Warthog's greatest flaw is a lack of ground force tracking gear,

they rely on the JTAC keeping them updated with troop movements.

Also giving the Pilots the Tac Frequencies of the guys they are supporting would be a massive help.

"Put a burst into that Building!"

BZZZIP

"Yeah that's us, target is a click to the north."

They have a Laser designation tracker widget but that's about it I think.

Reckon if they had a FBCB2 map thingy it would help a lot with keeping the pilot in the loop.

It is an exceptionally basic platform, literally a jet powered.

Hawker Typhoon/P47 Thunder Bolt/Ju87 Stuka/IL-2

The Hogs-C have enough gadgets onboard to deal with ground forces in CAS.

If only it had been a two sitter instead, it would had made life a lot easier for the pilots to engage the right targets. A single man needs to fly, spot, type in coordinates, program weapons, attack and evade basically all at the same time! And no tactical-pause allowed!

The Hogs-C have enough gadgets onboard to deal with ground forces in CAS.

If only it had been a two sitter instead, it would had made life a lot easier for the pilots to engage the right targets. A single man needs to fly, spot, type in coordinates, program weapons, attack and evade basically all at the same time! And no tactical-pause allowed!

That's why I said they should have the (A) variant. LoL

I like the new screenshots and I noticed that fences and buildings are casting shadows too. Very nice. I can imagine trees will not cast shadows? Not sure how this effects framerate? Also how close or how far we will notice the shadow?

Cheers

• Members

I'm taking all screenshots with at least 2x or 4x FSAA (now, finally, an application setting - which you can adjust at runtime; Alt+G), and the highest or second highest shadow quality (the highest takes a serious toll on the framerate and is recommended only for graphics cards with at least 1 GByte video RAM). Also, I'm using a "No HUD" setting that allows to take pictures with just the "pure scene". I think this will be available to everybody while testing a mission from the mission editor (and yes, you have a free-flight camera for that as well now).

Shadows are currently rendered to about 100m distance from the player's position. It is yet undecided whether we'll make a bigger range possible or rather reduce it. That will probably depend a bit on the programmers' efforts to improve the general engine performance.

Trees - it's an open question. The current shadow mapping technique will not work, but we may be able to do something with lightmaps to fake shadows.

• Members

The T-72M will have crew positions, the T-72B will have to wait a bit longer (you sent us feedback about the fire control system differences, which we will implement for the -B versions (since we feel pretty confident that what we have is "the truth" for the T-72M series).

The T-72M will have crew positions, the T-72B will have to wait a bit longer (you sent us feedback about the fire control system differences, which we will implement for the -B versions (since we feel pretty confident that what we have is "the truth" for the T-72M series).

Thanks for an information update! :)

Speaking of B, I think Jartsev once mentioned that current "naked B" is actually a some kind of interim version with less protection/firepower capability compared to "real B (BV)"

That said, was Jartsev's comment investigated and reflected in the upcoming update or is the upcoming T-72BV not so different from current T-72B other than ERA?

I'm not trying to belittle eSim's effort put in delivering the T-72BV; I'm just curious as to what performance to expect of it when making/editing scenarios.

• Moderators
Speaking of B, I think Jartsev once mentioned that current "naked B" is actually a some kind of interim version with less protection/firepower capability compared to "real B (BV)"

That said, was Jartsev's comment investigated and reflected in the upcoming update or is the upcoming T-72BV not so different from current T-72B other than ERA?

I'm not trying to belittle eSim's effort put in delivering the T-72BV; I'm just curious as to what performance to expect of it when making/editing scenarios.

The B and the BV are well known and the information about both is readily available now. For the most part, yes, the main difference between the two is the addition of ERA for better protection, so it is essentially the B, but better. I am sure the RU guys will know every other minor detail though -- details that will likely fall outside the scope/scale of SB however. ;)

• Members

The ERA surface will simply help it to survive a few RPG attacks (and maybe also some older 105mm HEAT rounds) that might otherwise have killed it. It is not miracle protection either; simply treat it as a gradual improvement over the T-72B.

Ssnake, with the update have you changed the way the tandem warhead and the ERA interacts?

I seem to remember the tandem warheads were a "Normal" warhead with an "enhanced" penetrating ability.

Have they been modified to use a more "Normal" penetration effect with a "Is tandem warhead" flag/setting?

I.E. will touch off ERA but will retain a "Normal" penetration effect on non ERA armour.

Not sure if this is clear.

I think my question comes across okay....

:)

The ERA surface will simply help it to survive a few RPG attacks (and maybe also some older 105mm HEAT rounds) that might otherwise have killed it. It is not miracle protection either; simply treat it as a gradual improvement over the T-72B.

Wow! Does this mean, that ERA in v.3.0 will degrade after receiving hits? If yes- its a very cool achievement.

• Members

In the past Tandem warheads were overpowered in order to ensure that they would punch through ERA surfaces and still keep a realistic residual penetration capability. That is no longer the case. Instead, if a "tandem" flagged missile hits an "ERA" flagged surface, it will simply bypass it. That's all.

Also, RPG screens as seen on the M113G4 last week will block only selected missiles (like, no RPGs with a tandem warhead), and only with a certain likelihood (above 50%, but under 100%).

In the past Tandem warheads were overpowered in order to ensure that they would punch through ERA surfaces and still keep a realistic residual penetration capability. That is no longer the case. Instead, if a "tandem" flagged missile hits an "ERA" flagged surface, it will simply bypass it. That's all.

Also, RPG screens as seen on the M113G4 last week will block only selected missiles (like, no RPGs with a tandem warhead), and only with a certain likelihood (above 50%, but under 100%).

Ok, I got the point, thanks for clarification.