screenshots 3.0

Stevo

I don't think so... but it's hard to keep track of everything, there's so much change (as is probably evident from the presentation, so far). The artists or beta testers may be better qualified to answer this. *

*) This is the code word for YOU, if you are a beta tester or an artist, and if you know the answer. Yes, you signed an NDA, but here's the official permission to comment on the matter. :)

Well the 105mm M1A0 has the same breach as the 120mm M1A1(HA), when I would have thought it might have the 105mm L7 breach (or did the Americans fit their own)?

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well the 105mm M1A0 has the same breach as the 120mm M1A1(HA), when I would have thought it might have the 105mm L7 breach (or did the Americans fit their own)?

I know I'm nitpicking but it would be nice to have the 105 mm fume extractor in the external TC view as well (instead of the current 120 mm).

Edited by Panzer_Leader

Yep, as mentioned. Not that the Dutch MoD wanted us to do it, but we did it anyway. ;)

To show its full potential we'd need to expand the threat spectrum, but that's something that we'll have to leave to the future.

I'm really looking forward to using the CV9035NL, especially with its semi-independent commander's sight, after the v3.0 release. A question though; what's the primary purpose of the three tonnes of rubber armour mentioned HERE? I'm assuming it's protection against HEAT rounds but I'd be interested to know more.

I think it's a two horse race between this and the M2A2 for the best IFV in the sim (in my opinion). I look forward to testing it once the CV9035NL is available in-game :D

There's many people here that are a lot more educated in this stuff than me but here you go:

M1/M1IP 105mm breach. Note the arming handle that swings out which is attached to the the rear right of the breach. It swings out and back not only to arm the main gun but it also deflects the 105mm casing that comes out of the breach.

The casings go all over the floor. You have to throw them out of the hatch (hopefully after they have cooled down).

M1-breech-and-Gunner-station.jpg.b482253

111101-A-PX072-101.jpg.64f6fe24d0176207a

M1-breech-and-Gunner-station.jpg.b482253

111101-A-PX072-101.jpg.64f6fe24d0176207a

I'm really looking forward to using the CV9035NL, especially with its semi-independent commander's sight, after the v3.0 release. A question though; what's the primary purpose of the three tonnes of rubber armour mentioned HERE? I'm assuming it's protection against HEAT rounds but I'd be interested to know more.

I think it's a two horse race between this and the M2A2 for the best IFV in the sim (in my opinion). I look forward to testing it once the CV9035NL is available in-game :D

what i have heard is that its makes cluster bomblets bounce of the vehicle with out exploding it..

you can read more about it in this interview>

http://www.amt.nl/PageFiles/18466/002_2009_4_26_reportage.pdf

or here

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2686/Binnenland/article/detail/930934/2008/12/16/De-CV90-is-bijna-net-zo-krachtig-als-een-tank.dhtml

cv-9035-nl-.html?object=user&object_id=21011

Here is the real thing(without the addon armour though)

228232_522059161145777_878395131_n.jpg?w=700&h=

Moved the pics to the first page.

Not sure what you mean, BD. By definition, if it's in a public screenshot, it's no longer a secret. But I may not describe everything there is to see in the caption.

i meant hiding stuff in the screen so we can discover them, plus the officially announced stuff in the screen... :)

like the guy in the bunker in some of the AMX13 shots

i meant hiding stuff in the screen so we can discover them, plus the officially announced stuff in the screen... :)

I think its usually a case of random happenstance rather than a deliberate, I'll focus their attention on X in the foreground and only the more (attentive/observant/have nothing better to do that stare at each picture for hours) types will pick up Y in the background.

Guys in Hesco bunkers are nothing new though. Already possible in current version.

what i have heard is that its makes cluster bomblets bounce of the vehicle with out exploding it..

you can read more about it in this interview>

http://www.amt.nl/PageFiles/18466/002_2009_4_26_reportage.pdf

or here

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2686/Binnenland/article/detail/930934/2008/12/16/De-CV90-is-bijna-net-zo-krachtig-als-een-tank.dhtml

Thanks Stevo. I had to use Google Translate to translate the articles as my Dutch isn't that good ;). You're right about the rubber armour, the PDF states it's to make cluster munitions bounce off. I never even thought of that... I wonder how effective it is? I haven't heard of other vehicles employing rubber armour to achieve the same effect (operating under the assumption that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery).

First of all once again thanks Esim.

The ZU was high on my wish list.

Will any of the technical,s have playable weapons. IE the Tow and machine gun versions

I can see so many possibility's for scenario designers its mind blowing.

The one issue I will have to address is up till now if you spotted some body with a gun

You fired straight away if he was not on your side obviously .LoL

I imagine it will be as difficult in game. As it is in the Real world Not to fire.

If Your say on a peace keeping type scenario where you can only fire if fired at.

But half the town/village are armed.

PS will the ZU-23/2 be available as a separate weapons platform

I.e. deployable with out the truck mount.