Stevo

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The T-90 will automatically pop smoke when being lased. To which extent this is useful three minutes after initial contact in an environment that is littered with computer-controlled units that use the laser range finder all the time remains to be seen.

They will of course still rotate their turrets towards the attacker when there are no more smoke grenades to be fired, so it might still offer a bit of an advantage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole system couldn't be exploited by two human players in different tanks who play "laser ping-pong" with the victim to force a new target acquisition process every two or three seconds until they fire their weapon themselves to kill the T-90.

I guess you'll have to find out yourselves. ;)

Wow! Thanks guys, and especially Mogwa for skinning them. They look amazing! I've got a full TO&E for the New Zealand Army's regular cavalry squadron, Queen Alexandra's Squadron from 1983, when both M113A1s and Scorpions were employed so I'll have to develop a scenario using them to do the skins justice. I'm assuming they'll be available to download at some point?

Thanks again guys, very, very cool. Sometimes this community just blows me away! :drink:

1983, NZ vs North Korea or something similar??

Cool, sounds awesome.

Can't wait to try it. :)

Guest Killjoy

Well, in light of that...

*crosses fingers*

ChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftain

ChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftain

ChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftainChieftain.

interesting to see how the T90 and BMP 3 hold up against the M1a2 and Bradley

For what it's worth:

d0141011_50ef700e0617e.jpg

Credits goes to dejawolf.

Following quote is his comment when I found it in india defense forum

"well, there's already an official figure of 850mm vs KE, but i've made an estimate for Esim.

The official 850mm figure is puzzling however. it basically means the russians are using standard RHA steel, and T-72B bulging armour still..."

over a meter of KE resistance in the hull. :eek2: Are you guys sure its that high ?

From my scarce knowledge of the matter, I think you have to compare those values with the penetration power of the ammunition, not as absolute values.

over a meter of KE resistance in the hull. :eek2: Are you guys sure its that high ?

the 1050mm KE figure is for the areas with fuel tanks behind. the fuel adds to the protection as long as the tanks are full. (empty fuel tanks are not simulated in SB however)

the 1050mm KE figure is for the areas with fuel tanks behind. the fuel adds to the protection as long as the tanks are full. (empty fuel tanks are not simulated in SB however)

Thanks for the info Dejawolf. The T-90A seems to be a tougher nut to crack than the T-80U. I wonder why so many people seem to underestimate the tank when its being compared to the Leopard 2a4+ , Abrams M1A1+, and Challenger 2. They just seem to see it as barely upgraded iraqi T-72, totally ignoring the fact that it is pretty much a brand new vehicle.

With proper ammo loadout (i.e. 3BM-44M,etc.) it should be a very dangerous opponent even for a Leopard2E or M1A2 SEP.

The uparmored Challenger 2 would have great difficulty dealing with the T-90A.

The mediocre two piece CHARM 3 round and the weak lower glacis are two glaring weaknesses that make a Challenger 2 inadequate in an open field engagement.

The Challenger 2 sorta reminds of the T29,T30 and t34 heavy tank in World of Tanks. Massive turret armor but no hull armor.