screenshots 3.0

Stevo

Great, so now the Danes have the meanest looking playable MBT (Leopard 2A5A2 DK), the meanest looking playable APC (M113G4) and one of the meanest playable IFVs (CV9035 DK). I thought with the crewable M1A2 SEP I wouldn't want to get into a Leopard 2A5+ variant again but it seems I won't be able to stop myself now... :decu:

EDIT: I also love the way the Barracuda camouflage on the 2A5A2 suppresses its thermal signature in image #27 :D

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators
But at the end of fixing the puzzle, eSim must settle on something - be that a compromise or assumption - to work out an protection estimate. That "something" right before estimation, rather than a holy grail primary source or final LOS protection picture, was what I was asking.

No, at the end of the day we don't have to settle on something. We can, and almost always do, use bits of data from one book, and photographs and measurements from someone in the field, and vehicle manuals for other parts. We use everything we can, and do not limit ourselves to one source.

Also, when one vehicle is finished we move on to the next, in a never ending cycle of data gathering and work. We don't have scribes that chronicles what source was used for what parts of the tank, so that is why I cannot tell you. ;)

The short answer is: we use all sorts of sources (just like everything else in SB, so I wouldn't know by now what came from where).

Great, so now the Danes have the meanest looking playable MBT (Leopard 2A5A2 DK), the meanest looking playable APC (M113G4) and one of the meanest playable IFVs (CV9035 DK). I thought with the crewable M1A2 SEP I wouldn't want to get into a Leopard 2A5+ variant again but it seems I won't be able to stop myself now...

Uhhh... What he said!! :shocked: That's one mean looking tank, and this version 3.0 is already sensory overload. :)

No, at the end of the day we don't have to settle on something. We can, and almost always do, use bits of data from one book, and photographs and measurements from someone in the field, and vehicle manuals for other parts. We use everything we can, and do not limit ourselves to one source.

Also, when one vehicle is finished we move on to the next, in a never ending cycle of data gathering and work. We don't have scribes that chronicles what source was used for what parts of the tank, so that is why I cannot tell you. ;)

The short answer is: we use all sorts of sources (just like everything else in SB, so I wouldn't know by now what came from where).

I...don't think you've understood me but it seems getting what I requested would take considerable time at backtracking the work anyway.

Again thanks for delivering the T-64 :wink:

Now, quickly, give us BV! :sonic:

Perish the thought dear boy, and let's not forget the hobnobs :biggrin:

And tea and milk and sugar.

Chocolate Hobnobs? :biggrin:

Well, it's counter to the very idea, since Chewbacca doesn't actually draw bolts, it shoots energy. He's got like a bandolier for what I assume are energy packs or something. So the system is purely cosmetic.

Seems like the Force wouldn't approve of vanity.

Well according to the "Information" on the Wookie Bowcaster in Jedi Knight 2 (FPS shooter type game), it fires actual "steel" bolts that are encased in energy.

An armored recovery vehicle with extra long towing cable would be a more appropriate vehicle if you are at all faithful to Star Wars.

:thumbup:

An overlooked entry from a menu of a Steel Beasts version that you will never get (internal development thing - and NO, this does NOT mean that this feature will ever make it into the Personal Edition ... some things are better left untouched).

Like I said:

They are Pro and Developer version items.
;)

I have a question about the Leopard 2A5A2 DK's lower thermal signature.

Will it be possible to make it so the opposing AI units have a lower chance to detect the unit, especially at longer ranges, considering how some parts of it blend very well with the background thermal radiation of the terrain, etc.?