screenshots 3.0

Stevo

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the T90 just for the streamlined looks and same for Merkava.Also I notice that the right side track is missing and never noticed that in game.Probably been there the whole time.:biggrin:

No that just reflects some damage I caused.

If the vehicle is immobilised a track will be missing from the relevant side.

Yeah I'll bring it on lol. Not sure you'll be too happy though...

[Comrade Hedgehog]

Not too sure you will be either when Glorious Soviet 1st MSGB turns your precious M1A2 into pincushion, and then sieve.

All with humble Soviet T-72.

[/Comrade Hedgehog]

Remember you'd have to kill about a minimum of 3-4 times your number.

And the reliability of all those fancy gadgets is questionable when its been smacked around by artillery a few times, and then, well, welcome to the Soviet World. :biggrin:

We're still "progressing" our "Training".

We seem to have taken a break from actual training to have Soviet vs Soviet bust ups, which are frankly, quite brutal.

Still if it keeps the Comrades entertained, and I can focus on recon, I'm not complaining.

• Members
Yup, the new sight is stabilized in both horizontal and vertical, so no more floating reticle.

...unless the turret can't keep up with the calculated lead angle changes. But at that point it's probably time to dump the calculation anyway and start afresh.

• Members
Wait Ssnake, you mean that at some point, reticle moves when turret can't keep up? Or I am missing something here?

The basic principles of calculating the lead from a moving average of your last 1.5 seconds of turret movement still apply. If you move at top speed in one direction, and reverse the movement, the different vectors may change so rapidly that the stabilization system cannot overcome the turret/gun assembly's inertia. If that happens, as far as I know, the reticule will still displace (similar to our erroneous implementation of the M1A1's fire control system that we had in Steel Beasts 1.17 some twelve years ago). You would observe only small, and short wiggles, and they would be a symptom that the whole firing solution is compromised just like when you start "chasing the reticule" in earlier M1 models.

• Moderators

Remember you'd have to kill about a minimum of 3-4 times your number.

And the reliability of all those fancy gadgets is questionable when its been smacked around by artillery a few times, and then, well, welcome to the Soviet World. :biggrin:

We're still "progressing" our "Training".

We seem to have taken a break from actual training to have Soviet vs Soviet bust ups, which are frankly, quite brutal.

Still if it keeps the Comrades entertained, and I can focus on recon, I'm not complaining.

It probably isn't a great idea to have a M1A2 vs T-72M1 scenarios. Maybe one day IF we get a playable T-80 or T-90 then it would be do-able, but you would probably need at least 4:1 odds with the old T-72M1. That said, I did manage to create a North Korea 2013 scenario where a US mechanized infantry company (one M1A2 platoon, two Bradley platoons) were eventually overwhelmed by two battalions of DPRK "junk" (Po-pung-ho T-72M4 + T-62), but they did outnumber the M1A2s by 15:1! :cul:

Still, it makes for a fun M1A2 & M2A2 vs. T-90 & BMP-3 scenario, and finally something to go head to head with the Leopard 2E in multiplayer. :biggrin:

You got a limited angle on the mirrors that keep your LOF stabilised and aligned with the target.

The reticule is basically fixed in the center of the FOV.

When encountering a very high speed target (fairly rare, but who know with HEAT rounds' correction...), you can have turret correction overcoming the limited angle of the sight's mirrors.

[EDIT] Too late... [/EDIT]

• Moderators
The basic principles of calculating the lead from a moving average of your last 1.5 seconds of turret movement still apply. If you move at top speed in one direction, and reverse the movement, the different vectors may change so rapidly that the stabilization system cannot overcome the turret/gun assembly's inertia. If that happens, as far as I know, the reticule will still displace (similar to our erroneous implementation of the M1A1's fire control system that we had in Steel Beasts 1.17 some twelve years ago). You would observe only small, and short wiggles, and they would be a symptom that the whole firing solution is compromised just like when you start "chasing the reticule" in earlier M1 models.

To add to what Ssnake said:

Just remember --dumping lead on the M1A2 still applies if you would like to do quick back and forth scans, or rapid and abrupt movements. It is just that you don't have to deal with the floating reticle when lead is being induced.

Is Coincidence the Word you are looking for ?

That´s what it´s called with EMES 15 / 18.

If there is no Coincidence between LOS and LOF, the FCS will block the Firing elektrics until Coincidence is given. But you have to pull the Trigger again.

In German we called that Schußverblockung.

Something unknown to Russian Tanks........

Something unknown to Russian Tanks........

Actually any soviet tank with independent GPS LOS stabilization have similar systems(in few different forms). Other thing is that coincidence window aperture is closely relates to main gun stabilization accuracy- otherwise trigger delay will be to big...