screenshots 3.0

Stevo

And one of the cool things that Nils didn't mention was that Retro was able to link the weapons and sensors to the pilots heads. Just like the real thing. The hard points on the wings even pitch forward, and backwards like the real deal depending on the angle of attack, when you give it an engage command.

Wow, that's impressive! Can't wait to see it in action in v3.0.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, add to wish list:

HAD Tiger, with either Mistral2 (AA missiles), Hellfire or rockets and equipped with a laser rangefinder and FCS to engage accuratly targets (including air to air) with canon and rockets (only need a 10 rounds burst to kill a moving helicopter at 1500m)

Ok, add to wish list:

HAD Tiger, with either Mistral2 (AA missiles), Hellfire or rockets and equipped with a laser rangefinder and FCS to engage accuratly targets (including air to air) with canon and rockets (only need a 10 rounds burst to kill a moving helicopter at 1500m)

differences between french tigre and australian tigre seems to be minute?

AFAIK ARH has no Rangefinder and a limited air to air FCS. So it can only use battlesight range for the canon (which can be coupled either with the helmet mounted sight for quick firing up to 1000m, or Strix Over Head Sight, for a more precise aiming, but still only battlesight range). It can't use Air to Air missiles.

Externaly, there is no long fixed antenna on the left side of the HAD/HAP.

HAD (Hélicoptère Appui-Destruction, Support and Destruction Helicopter) is used by France and Spain (same camouflage, only marking are différents).It main role is to destroy ennemy vehicules and support the dismonted troops. Replace the dedicated anti-tank version, canceled some years ago.

HAP (Hélicoptère Appui-Protection, Support and Protection Helicopter) is the same chopper, but without antitank capacity (only guns, rockets, and Mistral 2). They have seen combat in Lybia, Afghanistan, Mali. It main role is to protect transport helicopters and support the dismonted troops.

AFAIK ARH has no Rangefinder and a limited air to air FCS. So it can only use battlesight range for the canon (which can be coupled either with the helmet mounted sight for quick firing up to 1000m, or Strix Over Head Sight, for a more precise aiming, but still only battlesight range). It can't use Air to Air missiles.

Externaly, there is no long fixed antenna on the left side of the HAD/HAP.

HAD (Hélicoptère Appui-Destruction, Support and Destruction Helicopter) is used by France and Spain (same camouflage, only marking are différents).It main role is to destroy ennemy vehicules and support the dismonted troops. Replace the dedicated anti-tank version, canceled some years ago.

HAP (Hélicoptère Appui-Protection, Support and Protection Helicopter) is the same chopper, but without antitank capacity (only guns, rockets, and Mistral 2). They have seen combat in Lybia, Afghanistan, Mali. It main role is to protect transport helicopters and support the dismonted troops.

I think if a HAP Tigre was implemented in SB it'd be the closest we'd get to a dedicated Air to Air Platform. :sonic:

I think if a HAP Tigre was implemented in SB it'd be the closest we'd get to a dedicated Air to Air Platform. :sonic:

HAD would be more versatil, as it has the same air to air capacity than the HAP, with the ARH antitank capacity : one new vehicule to implement, but depending of its loadout, it role changes.

Ooh Ooh Ooh...CVRT's. me favourite ride. 4.2 litres of pure Jaguar puriness.

Scimitar ? Striker ? Or Spartan, my own little "tank" back in the day :)

Or any of the "S" family pleeeease !

Actually wow, from a personal point of view and former owner of the fabled Action Man Tank, this is an inspired addition to the family.

THANK YOU ESIM !

Scorp' would surely be Jag engined, boss ?

They went out of service way before the engine change. My Spartan was Jag petrol engined went like shit off a shovel, between leaking every kind of fluid and snapping torsion bars every 5 minutes :biggrin:

Scorp' would surely be Jag engined, boss ?

Will have to take it for a road test to check. :)

But they were "great" days patrolling the inner German border in a Scimitar while on exchange with 1 QDG. :)

Live ammunition in the turret looking at East Germans who had live ammunition too.

Luckily, no one was an idiot.

I prefer the german version. I hope Falli can fix his PC problems.

Whats next, a crewable Unimog with polish markers?:cry:

I'll have to dig out the pics of a Unimog we converted for surveillance with CCTV cameras etc.

We did use a camera system that was developed for battlefield surveillance by Hunting Engineering (now part of Lockhead-Martin) it worked kind of like a periscope and took a 360 degree image in about 1 second and displayed it on a monitor.