screenshots 3.0

Stevo

ToDoList

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wash your mouth out with soap!

You heathen infidel!! :)

This is the_List!

It must not be defiled in any way!!

It is decreed by the holy order of implementation itself!

**ALL Hail the_List!!!**

(I will however put this form to the holy order but they will probably seek out the originator and burn him/her at the stake.)

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wash your mouth out with soap!

You heathen infidel!! :)

This is the_List!

It must not be defiled in any way!!

It is decreed by the holy order of implementation itself!

**ALL Hail the_List!!!**

(I will however put this form to the holy order but they will probably seek out the originator and burn him/her at the stake.)

Jh5fK75.jpg

K-200s of the ROK 20th Mech Inf Div advance with elements of the US 2nd Inf Div south of Chongok.

K-200_zps18444cf8.png

Umm nope, at least Korean army doesn't use AIFV. K-200 APC's hull shape and possibly protection is similar to that of AIFV/YPR though.

YPR-APC might act as a stand-in for K-200 but it lacks fancy gunshield for 50 cal. that K-200 has. (I'm assuming YPR can swim too)

The K-200 is basically a license built AIFV or YPR. The addition of a gun shield for a 50 cal doesn't change that.

Beautiful pic Mogwa. I am really, really excited to hear that the skins in SBPE will now have default ones with the specific nationality. It was such a pain IMHO to keep switching out skins when playing different scenarios. This is going to make another cool immersion difference.

The K-200 is basically a license built AIFV or YPR. The addition of a gun shield for a 50 cal doesn't change that.

Those vehicles are similar in appearance and roles so YPR-APC would work as a good substitute. But of all things, K-200 is not a license built AIFV and accordingly FMC never received any royalty regarding K-200 production and exports.

Reportedly Daewoo Corp. once invited FMC's then president Robert Malott to its K-200 production line (Changwon Factory) in order to counter FMC's plagiarism claim.

Edited by Companion
Awkward sentence

• Members
My dutch friend will greatly enjoy the new CV-90. Good job. Is the DAS modeled?

Yep, as mentioned. Not that the Dutch MoD wanted us to do it, but we did it anyway. ;)

To show its full potential we'd need to expand the threat spectrum, but that's something that we'll have to leave to the future.

More Dutch stuff!!! Nice! :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=173281139502263&set=a.169609883202722.1073741826.102296416600736&type=3&theater

Phatoom!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNGE!

(Oh wait, you don't have Leopards any more. Stupid idiotic politicians.)

Even George Osbourne the stupid, daft, worthless prat that he is, recognises that we need tanks. (But I reckon he probably squirmed uncomfortably when the MOD said "No". To his idea to dispose of all of them.)

(Oh wait, you don't have Leopards any more. Stupid idiotic politicians.)

Yeah, but it's nice to see that the Dutch MOD is still using SB for their new vehicles.

Wonder if in their version the Leopards are removed... :sonic:

Yeah, but it's nice to see that the Dutch MOD is still using SB for their new vehicles.

One hopes that at least all Leopard crewability is disabled in the Dutch version...:cul:

(You get what you pay for. :) )

There are still NL-tank crews training in Munster. So maybe there are some Leo's in cold storage?

• Members

I think it's more of a contingency plan to retain the knowhow of those who have received all the training, just in case that the Dutch go to war and the Germans stay at home (but are willing to lend/lease tanks to them). If it then turns out that the CV90/35 as the currently heaviest ground vehicle in the inventory is insufficient (be it in firepower, be it in protection), they at least have some crews that could be reactivated in their old functions. But that works only if they keep being trained.

Military art is a practical art. Don't practice, and you lose proficiency.

There are still NL-tank crews training in Munster. So maybe there are some Leo's in cold storage?

They are all in storage, but with the intention to sell them all.

What Ssnake said makes perfect sense. I only hope that if such a situation unfolds, we go straight to Germany to lease the tanks, not after we lost a lot of people in CV90's...

(of course, that mistake can be made also if you would still have your tanks)